Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Is time that relative and or i think i got lucky

Thank you for the info sir, I think I got really lucky for the what I invested. I think I'm just going to redo the carbs and cherry this one out. I am how ever hooked on performance, so I'm looking for another one to build once I have a full understanding of the systems. any sugestions? 10 years as a machinist, and 8 years of late model stock cars not to mention Quite a few RM125s. I figure one for fun and another to scare the hell out of my wife. (shhhh don't tell her, she thinks jet skis are the safest hobbie I can have) Gas ported pistons any one ?
    She has an issue with the fact I like to get airborne.
    Learn from the mistakes of others, because you don't have enough time to make them all yourself.........

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by THE OLD MAN View Post
    Thank you for the info sir, I think I got really lucky for the what I invested. I think I'm just going to redo the carbs and cherry this one out. I am how ever hooked on performance, so I'm looking for another one to build once I have a full understanding of the systems. any sugestions? 10 years as a machinist, and 8 years of late model stock cars not to mention Quite a few RM125s. I figure one for fun and another to scare the hell out of my wife. (shhhh don't tell her, she thinks jet skis are the safest hobbie I can have) Gas ported pistons any one ?
    She has an issue with the fact I like to get airborne.
    My pleasure and your welcom, Only if I was a machinist, the things I think I could create, luckily I have a good friend that has the replicator room of the Starship Enterprise. He's gota at least have a half a million worth of Haas CNC equipment and all of the Old School Bridgeport. I have some cool one off stuff because of him.

For your build ski, get a GP by Yamaha. My favorite is the 65u but if you think good go for the power valve engine. Either way each can be made Rippers very easy if you're a machinist.

PWCToday Newbie

From what I have read the 65u sounds like the way to go for me. i would be cool to have 2 98's. I need to find a deal on a case or a whole used engine to play with. I'll find one.
    The thing that I need to study is hull dynamics. I know very little on the subject. A strong engine is great if you can put the power down. I still dont know what trim tabs do......
    (I wish I had an old school bridge port)
    Learn from the mistakes of others, because you don't have enough time to make them all yourself.........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information