Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

fuel not coming to carb

Hey everyone,
    I'm sure there's been many similar posts to this, but I'm really stumped right now to why fuel isn't pumping into my carb. I have a 98 seadoo gtx 947. I replaced and tighten all lines, doesn't seem to be a vacuum leak anywhere. Previously the jet ski would run for a few seconds and cut out. But when hooked up to an external gas tank gravity fed, it idled. So I bought a carb rebuild kit and put everything together. Did a quick pressure test as the manual recommends and everything checks out except when trying to perform the fuel pump valve operation test. I can't tell if the inlet valve is releasing withpressure and holding under vacuum.

Any ideas folks? Even when I gravity feed with a newly rebuild carb, it doesn't turn over.

Thoughts?

PWCToday Newbie

Re: fuel not coming to carb

Guys I'm really stumped. I pulled and rechecked the carbs a third time and its all there. I checked for pulse and its pushing from the crankcase nipple. But the carbs are still not pumping fuel in. I've checked again all lines and tightened everything. Still no fuel. When I hook up a gravity fed fuel line, it turned over a bit but it still didn't seem to really take the fuel in. I tried a pressure test for the fuel system and it didn't hold like the manual says, but I see no leaks. Any suggestions? I really don't want to pull the carb again because I can't imagine anything wrong, but everything points to bad fuel pump. Any help?

PWCToday Newbie

Guys I'm really stumped. I pulled and rechecked the carbs a third time and its all there. I checked for pulse and its pushing from the crankcase nipple. But the carbs are still not pumping fuel in. I've checked again all lines and tightened everything. Still no fuel. When I hook up a gravity fed fuel line, it turned over a bit but it still didn't seem to really take the fuel in. I tried a pressure test for the fuel system and it didn't hold like the manual says, but I see no leaks. Any suggestions? I really don't want to pull the carb again because I can't imagine anything wrong, but everything points to bad fuel pump. Any help?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by stlrider View Post
    But when hooked up to an external gas tank gravity fed, it idled.
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrider View Post
    When I hook up a gravity fed fuel line, it turned over a bit but it still didn't seem to really take the fuel in.
    What changed in between these two postings?
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

Only change was after hooking a gravity fed fuel line and letting fuel work its way into the carb, the ski turned over a few times. But no real change because when I hooked it back up to the tank, it didn't suck fuel.

Thread Information