User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

92 XP pump tool ?

This my first pump rebuild finally cause i keep getting sidetracked with other repairs , Anyway I bought the tools for pressing on the bearings that sbt said i need , Its tool #80-102 and #80-105 my question is my shop manual only shows using tool 80-102 for the bearings on both sides of the pump and for the seal install which will also position the bearings the same on both sides of the pump from what i can see holding the tool in there , The tool 80-105 they say is for the venturi side will push the bearing further in to where part of the bearing will be hanging out ? Is this tool just a mistake for my pump ?
    Jet Pump Tools 001 by Nuclearcobra, on Flickr
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Re: 92 XP pump tool ?

Well bearings are in but the seal got mangled , I did what the shop manual said which was press in the seal until tool contacts housing , guess i should've ignored that and just did it by eye little by little , Any ideas what went wrong ? I used loctite 518 on the inside housing flange and on the outside of the seal flange like it said. I had a gut feeling it was going to push it in to far so i should've just stopped but i was waiting for the least little resistance like i did with the bearings.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Thread Information