Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: 93 750 sx strange seal problem

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post
    "Let me ask you, how hard should it be to pull the top seal out? I could easily pop it out with a needle nose, without much pressure on the pliers."

Why do you ask? You can't accurately match/measure the force induced by the crankcase pressure or 10 psi test pressure on the Seals with your "feel" on the Needle Nose Pliers.

The positive case pressure would actually help the Seal hold tighter against the case...

Dude, I'm all about creative clever solutions and saving money, but you take shortcutting and guesstimating to a new level.

There are tried and trued rebuilding Methods, Practices and Rules of Thumb that have worked over 30+ years on these Marine 2-strokes and their are found right here on this Forum.

Marine Two-Stroke Engines are NOT Pawn Shop Lawnmowers...

Don't be lazy and remove the Flywheel and PTO off the Crankshaft so that it can be measured.

At this point, probably the best thing for you to do is to buy a Remanufactured Engine from SBT with a Warranty. They will send you a leak-tested short block with a warranty. Let them figure out what's wrong with your core block and crankshaft when they rebuild it later.

Then you can spend more time riding and less time trying to learn two-stroke mechanics because at this pace, your riding season is coming to an end soon.

Unless you're hell bent on solving this however long it takes...
    Dude, I havenít half assed anything. I got a remanufactured crank from sbt, then Iíve started having this problem with the seals. I took everything apart and put it back together the right way. Not Iím still having the same problem. You suggested I take the crank to a machinist to get it tested, I said Iíd do that. In the mean time I was curious how tightly the seal sits in its housing. Where is the part where Iíve been lazy? Iíve spent a crap load of time rebuilding and painting this thing, I sure havenít felt lazy haha. Still, Iím not a ďguruĒ so Iím still learning the in and outs of the machine. Thanks so much for your sage advice. Also, yes, I am hell bent on figuring his out and learning 2 stroke mechanics, that way I donít keep asking guys like you questions you think are stupid.
    Last edited by RatherRide; 08-26-2018 at 03:27 PM.

[QUOTE=whazguude;4493046]I'm with JC on this one. If the seals are OEM, and the correct ones, and you are installing them correctly... Mismatched case halves (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), or a tweaked crank. Hyosung can pm you, and tell you how to use a coconut, two bricks, and a running start to "fix" it, because he obviously garners so much respect for his knowledge and ability. A legend in her own fragile mind, you could say.

When the seals pop (after running, not psi test), how do they look? Minty fresh, like, WTF, or are they mashed in some way?

I don't know how badly a crank would have to be jacked to prevent a seal from from staying in place for a pressure test though. Split the cases and post some really good, close up pictures of the seal gland on both halves. Maybe it'll be an "oh sh!t" moment. I have more than a few sp (matching) cases here, for comparison

I’m sure the crank is fine, but I’ll do my due diligence and take it to get checked out for sure. It really seams like the seal is popping out too easily. Thanks why I was ask By how tightly it should sit in its housing. When it comes out while riding it’s clean as can be, it’s as if it falls out

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Take pictures before, during, and after splitting the cases. May shed some light onto WTF is going on. Post the hin# on the motor, year make and model of the ski(I think you already did, but..), and pics of the seals and p/n of said seals.

I'm feeling helpful today.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by whazguude View Post
    Take pictures before, during, and after splitting the cases. May shed some light onto WTF is going on. Post the hin# on the motor, year make and model of the ski(I think you already did, but..), and pics of the seals and p/n of said seals.

I'm feeling helpful today.
    I’ll do just that, thanks man

RatherRide,

Interesting Username...

Did you forget that it is You that invented the Shortcut of pushing/forcing Crank Seals into place without splitting the Crankcases?

Don't shoot the Messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post
    RatherRide,

Interesting Username...

Did you forget that it is You that invented the Shortcut of pushing/forcing Crank Seals into place without splitting the Crankcases?

Don't shoot the Messenger.
    The irony of the name is not lost on me haha. I should clarify, I have blown the seal a bunch of times. The first couple of times was after splitting the cases and rebuilding by the book. The top seal just sits in there, it sits in its housing the same, split case or not. At least it does in my case, Iím trying to understand if that is abnormal, I feel like you arenít getting that..
    Last edited by RatherRide; 08-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Ahem.... May I (for once, and only once) be the voice of reason. Please post pics of the seals w/ part numbers that you used.

We now return to my regularly scheduled fukoff.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information