Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 93 750 sx strange seal problem

Quote Originally Posted by hyosung View Post
    there is your problem right there !, splitting the cases is a must .
    a light smear of 3 bond will help hold them seals in place.
    Thanks man, I appreciate the help. So, just to clarify, should I be putting a little bond in the seal housing or just on the parts where the crank halves meet?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RatherRide View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate the help. So, just to clarify, should I be putting a little bond in the seal housing or just on the parts where the crank halves meet?
    i usually smear lightly all around the seal where it meets the housings and a little dob where the 2 case halves meet, "dont go overboard with sealant".
    fill the inner of the seal with grease (dont get any on the case surface) and smear some on the lips where it runs on the crankshaft.
    take your time, it is important that this part of the assembly process is done correctly.
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

stock looking ZXI 900 ""being cannibalized to sponsor a 650 sx build """

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

i usually smear lightly all around the seal where it meets the housings and a little dob where the 2 case halves meet, "dont go overboard with sealant".
    fill the inner of the seal with grease (dont get any on the case surface) and smear some on the lips where it runs on the crankshaft.
    take your time, it is important that this part of the assembly process is done correctly.
    Thanks dude, I’ll do exactly that. Appreciate the help

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Put the crank seals in dry. They are rubber, and will seal as they are intended. Grease the inner as stated to lubricate upon start up.

1211 case sealer has silicone in it, which is slippery, and can case seals to come out.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by john dopy zigler View Post

1211 case sealer has silicone in it, which is slippery, and can case seals to come out.
    that is why you should use 1104 neo and not 1211.

Properties Result UnitMain component Synthetic rubberMain solvent TrichloroethyleneColour GrayViscosity at 25°C 9.5 Pa⋅sDensity at 25°C 1.36 g/cm²Nonvolatile matters 56 %Condition after curing Half-dry / elasticSurface condition slightly tackyDisassembly NormalEffective temperaturerange- 40 ~ 150 °CShelf life at 25°C 24 months
    Last edited by hyosung; 08-15-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

that is why you should use 1104 neo and not 1211.

Properties Result UnitMain component Synthetic rubberMain solvent TrichloroethyleneColour GrayViscosity at 25°C 9.5 Pa⋅sDensity at 25°C 1.36 g/cm²Nonvolatile matters 56 %Condition after curing Half-dry / elasticSurface condition slightly tackyDisassembly NormalEffective temperaturerange- 40 ~ 150 °CShelf life at 25°C 24 months
    Or, just do it correctly, and put them in dry.....
    email watcon@watcon.com

thank you

Or, just do it correctly, and put them in dry..
    you are such a jerk!
    you are forgetting the Op has had issues with seals popping out , i realize that he also was not correctly installing them "we all had to learn somewhere".
    now that he knows the correct way to fit them "using the correct sealant ' and smearing a small amount around the seal to help hold the seal in place and to fill any imperfections in his cases he should no longer have issues with popping seals.

FWIW, i have always used a smear of sealant "whether it be silicon or synthetic rubber" on all motors i build and never yet had a leak or a seal pop out.

a pretty pic of my latest 2 stroke build 300+ hp.""and i smeared silicon on the seals.
    GGEEEEEZ i hope they dont fall out !!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hyosung; 08-16-2018 at 09:22 AM.

modded X2 650

you are such a jerk!
    you are forgetting the Op has had issues with seals popping out , i realize that he also was not correctly installing them "we all had to learn somewhere".
    now that he knows the correct way to fit them "using the correct sealant ' and smearing a small amount around the seal to help hold the seal in place and to fill any imperfections in his cases he should no longer have issues with popping seals.

FWIW, i have always used a smear of sealant "whether it be silicon or synthetic rubber" on all motors i build and never yet had a leak or a seal pop out.

a pretty pic of my latest 2 stroke build 300+ hp.""and i smeared silicon on the seals.
    GGEEEEEZ i hope they dont fall out !!!!!!
    You also hit things with hammers, hold things together with duct tape, and are not qualified to work on anything. As usual your advice is horrible.....

I Just want the OP to do things correct. It is not that hard. You can do what ever you want on your crap.
    email watcon@watcon.com

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    You also hit things with hammers, hold things together with duct tape, and are not qualified to work on anything. As usual your advice is horrible.....

I Just want the OP to do things correct. It is not that hard. You can do what ever you want on your crap.
    Thanks for your help man. I think I’m going to go with your advice. After I had the crank rebuilt, I rode hard for 100 days without a problem without gasket maker on the seals, I’m not going to start now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information