• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daget24
    Frequent Poster
    • Feb 2013

Info gauge issue

Hey guy been a while since I’ve been here, tried searching for his issue but didn’t see anything exactly like it.

My info gauge displays everything just fine except for the gas and the vst it’s a 1996 gsx any ideas of what could be causing this issue? Is it possible that both the gas and the vst displays failed but the main info gauge has remained in tact?
    1 2014 seadoo GTR
    1 1996 seadoo gsx
  • Spades
    PWCToday Guru
    • Apr 2008

Re: Info gauge issue

If you disconnect the fuel level sensor harness, and short the side going to the mpem the gauge should read full. If so, the problem lies in the fuel baffle

Comment

• daget24
      Frequent Poster
      • Feb 2013

Well that’d solve the gas gauge issue, what do you make of the vst issue? I was hoping there was just a fuse that fed the two systems. Wishful thinking?
      1 2014 seadoo GTR
      1 1996 seadoo gsx

Comment

• Spades
        PWCToday Guru
        • Apr 2008

Well, it would not necessarily solve the gas gauge issue yet, youre still trying to determine if its the gauge or the fuel baffle. If it happens to be the gauge then it could may well cause the vts issue as well. One step at a time and i chose the easier one of the 2

Comment

• daget24
          Frequent Poster
          • Feb 2013

Is there a way to check the vst position sensor? And see if that’s not sending to the info gauge?
          1 2014 seadoo GTR
          1 1996 seadoo gsx

Comment

• Spades
            PWCToday Guru
            • Apr 2008

Looking at the schematics i see 8 wires, but i cant tell which wire(s) serves as the position signal. All i know is the Black (-) and the Red-Purple (+)

***On second thought, i just looked at the gauge side wire color scheme, and the 2 wires at the gauge match perfectly with 2 wires at the VTS module, so i will assume this is the position sensor wires.

BW-WH
            BW-BK

The problem is we dont know if its a varying voltage or varying resistance type. I never had to test my VTS so i dont know, but judging from the fuel and oil level sensor inputs they have been varying resistance types
            Last edited by Spades; 08-08-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• daget24
              Frequent Poster
              • Feb 2013

It’s just weird, the oil low senor isn’t working either I wonder if it’s the MPEM? I don’t know I’ll start off by doing some continuity tests and see what comes back
              1 2014 seadoo GTR
              1 1996 seadoo gsx

Comment

• Spades
                PWCToday Guru
                • Apr 2008

Id be willing to bet that it is the oil level, fuel level, and vts are failed. All are common Seadoo failure points.

Comment

• daget24
                  Frequent Poster
                  • Feb 2013

But they all went out at the same exact time, I’ll get out there tomorrow and test them on my day off. It’s just weird, one day they were working then all three stopped showing up.
                  1 2014 seadoo GTR
                  1 1996 seadoo gsx

Comment

Working...
                  X