Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

1994 Waverunner 3 GP - Top End Rebuild went well! - Bogging while turning

Hey all, i've tried searching through the forums to see if anyone had a similar issue. I hope my question hasn't been repeated too many times as i'm looking for advice on where to go next.

Background:

My friend and I did a top end rebuild as one of my cylinders was really low on compression, looks like the piston melted a bit due to overheating. I suspect the oil-pump so switched to premix.

New pistons/rings and a machined block. Everything back together and running good! took it to the lake for 2 days to "break in"

Note, we did not touch the carbs nor have I ever done a carb rebuild.

So taking it out to the lake I ran 40:1 with Yamalube oil and premium gas. Ski ran great and day 1 avoided WOT and took it easy. I was at first afraid that the motor felt really hot but the temp stayed stable and I let it cool down a couple times.

The next day we ran it harder and started with more WOT. the Ski in a straight line gets right up to WOT speed and runs awesome! The issue I have is once you do a hard left or right turn it quickly looses power and you loose speed.

If you straighten back out it quickly recovers and you are back up to speed.

Question: what do you guys think is causing the 'bogging'? only while i turn?

thank you so much.

PWCToday Regular

Re: 1994 Waverunner 3 GP - Top End Rebuild went well! - Bogging while turning

I see you’re a gambling man. New top end rebuild and you didn’t bother to touch the carbs?

That’d be the first place i start for 1 you’d hate to ruin the new top end from running lean, and for 2 it could be a fuel delivery problem from the carbs. My ski did the same thing
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150, shredmaster ride plate, extended nozzle, tripple pisser kit....

PWCToday Newbie

hmm i was hoping I could leave the carbs alone as its a bit outside my comfort zone.

Would you suggest I look at just cleaning the carb or get a rebuild kit?

What did you do to yours to get it running good again?

PWCToday Regular

If you could do a top end you can do carbs.

I would use OEM rebuild kits

I went thru my carbs and it fixed the bogging when turning issue
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150, shredmaster ride plate, extended nozzle, tripple pisser kit....

PWCToday Newbie

Awesome. thank you for replying. I will get a OEM carb kit and see how it goes

Thread Information