User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

New to pwc. Yamaha issue just bought today

This is my first pwc. Bought it today and know nothing. Today I bought a 96 yamaha wave venture. When I got home I noticed it doesnt have a hose to run it on dry land or I guess you call it a wash out? No biggy I see you can add them.
    When I started it at home, only ran for 5 seconds, I looked out the back after and saw a puddle of oil on the ground. I took pics, but it's coming from the plate on the bottom under where the jet is. I took a flash light and in the jet area on the outside of the boat there's oil puddles in there. Any ideas? Did I just get screwed? Help please. I can't post the pics fro. My phone now. But I mistakenly posted them in the 4 stroke page

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

Re: New to pwc. Yamaha issue just bought today

Two threads for same exact thing is never going to help.

Its normal to have water come out, thats good. I run mine for 20 seconds to get most of the water out. You won't get it all out. Its coming out the exhaust wich is in that pump cavity area.
    As far as the oil, it is a 2 stroke so you will see a little oil. Its normal for everything to be covered with oil back there over a long time. Is yours excessive? Not sure, maybe the guy you bought it from fogged the crap out of it if he thought it would be sitting a while, it should not be dripping oil & I can't think of anything that would make it do that other that a heavy fogging, if it were super rich it wouldn't be running right. Steve C

After looking. A oil hose in where the jet is was leaking and puddled up in the plate. When giving it gas, it was blowing it out the puddle and the pressure of the split hose was shooting oil out

Do t know how to delete the other one. Didnt realize iposted In 4 stroke

There shouldn't be an "oil hose" back my your jet pump....that could be your exhaust....not really sure what you are referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimeswinger View Post
    After looking. A oil hose in where the jet is was leaking and puddled up in the plate. When giving it gas, it was blowing it out the puddle and the pressure of the split hose was shooting oil out
    If it aint broke...don't fix it!!!!

Thread Information