Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Ever left your drain plugs out?

I did, on our VX Cruiser and Deluxe.

Woke up this morning at 3:00 and realized I had. Basically the wave runners sat for 9 hours taking on water. I put the plugs in and went back to bed.

I have since pulled them up on shore and drained them completely.

The water level was just over the top of the exhaust manifold and about an inch below the seam on the air filter box.

What are my next steps? Is it safe to start them? Should turn over with spark plugs out to circulate oil and check for water?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ever left your drain plugs out?

I've left plugs out also. Rode mine 12 miles up and back on the lake before I realized it was starting to set low in the water. I put them in and took it for a ride to pump it out

To be safe I would pull plugs and crank it over to be sure there is no water in cyl. Then put plugs in and fire it up. Water shouldn't have gotten into oil. But to be safe check oil after you fire it up.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Spim's Avatar

did it twice, fortunately both times caught it early enough that it wasn't a concern. I will likely never forget again.

Since those days it became a habit to check, re-check, triple-check mine and everyone else's ski in my group before launching.

I've caught friends with theirs out ready to back down the ramp at least 5 separate times, humans are stupid, which is why we need to watch out for each other.
    The problem with normal is that it just keeps getting worse...

I would rather sit than quit...

PWCToday Newbie

I have actually last week. Filled up over my rear electrical box. Was draining on the trailer for solid 1-2 mins. Now doesn't start and only clicks. Actually forced me to be done for the season because of this but gives me an excuse to open her up and see what the internals on this almost 20 yr old ski look like. Dont know if anyone has before but Hoping, lol, that I get to replace as much of the internal stuff as I can so she can run like new.

Thread Information