Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

1995 waverunner 3 gp water hose routing

Replaced my head gasket and piston rings. In that process took off the water hoses and I am pretty sure they are on correctly. But during the test run at the lake the engine seemed to overheat within 10 minutes of easy use. The head was so hot water sizzled on it and the ski only operated at idle. Took the water hose off at the rear and made sure it was clear. On a water hose at home water seems to be flowing through the engine but all the water comes out the exhaust. Is this normal? Also there is a red hose that seems to go from the bottom of the engine to to the top of the gas tank with a one way check valve on it but itís not attached to anything. Any clue to its purpose or function?? So Iím looking for a hose diagrams if they are available. Thanks for all your help.

Re: 1995 waverunner 3 gp water hose routing

The easy answer is the hose off the gas tank is the vent to allow air in to replace gas used. You should have water coming out of a small port on the left side of the hull when on the hose, mine does. Perhaps you need to check a connection to that. I would look at mine for reference but it's at the shop with electrical issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 1995 waverunner 3 gp water hose routing

Ok. I don’t have hoses that go through the hull. I have the inlet hose on the right of the jet pump that goes into a port on the exhaust manifold. Then there is another hose on the left of the jet pump that attaches to something under the impeller shaft in the hull. All my water exits through the main exhaust on the right of the jet pump.

Thread Information