Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: X2 750 Help.

Frequent Poster

X2 750 Help.

So I finally got to put my X2 in the lake for the first time this year after rebuilding it over the winter. I put a 750 out of another strong running X2 as well as a new factory pipe switched it to a single Novi 48 with R@D manifold. The ski starts right up and idles perfectly both in and out of the water, however once off the trailer it will not plane and get out of its own way. Once I got back to the trailer the pipe was sizzling water all over the expansion chamber. When I got home the mag side plug looked great however the PTO plug was stark white like it was firing. This is leading me to believe the pipe is getting full of unburnt fuel causing excessive heat. Both plugs sparked when held on the head not the greatest spark but some none the less. Here are the setting of the ski.

Pipe. Bottom and middle screw closed top open 1 turn.

Carb 160 main, 120 Pilot screws 1 turn out.

I am leaning towards an ignition issue as it is running 650 electronics. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help and time.

Re: X2 750 Help.

I think 160 is too fat
    90 X2 (750), 92 X2 (750), 93 X2 (750),93 X2 (750), 99 Ultra 150(sold) 1995 Waveblaster 1

Frequent Poster

Any suggestions then? 150 or is that too big of a swing?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Millah's Avatar

I open the bottom and top screws a 1/4 turn each, closed middle. (factory head pipe)
    Jetjamracing.com
    DJSAracing.com

750 X2
    750 X2
    Super Chicken

I'd start with a 150 and check your cooling hose routing. With one full turn open it shouldn't get that hot. Mine with top 1/4 middle closed and bottom open 1/4 sizzles at the coupler but not the whole chamber
    90 X2 (750), 92 X2 (750), 93 X2 (750),93 X2 (750), 99 Ultra 150(sold) 1995 Waveblaster 1

Frequent Poster

Cooling hose is form pump to bottom of manifold, then out the head and into the head pipe. Bottom of heard pipe to pisser with T inline and jetworks valve to stinger. I just ran it in the garage and pulled the mag plug wire off and it was hitting on the PTO cylinder. The pipe was defiantly warming up after 2 minutes of running it. There is defiantly a strong stream of water coming out of the bypass fitting. I will drop to a 150 and see what happens. The plugs are soaking wet also so that screams to me it is way too rich.

Switch the rear cylinder head cooling line over to the bottom of the Head Pipe,

then front of Head Pipe to Stinger and Pisser.

One cooling line from pump ==> One Pisser
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 08-01-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Frequent Poster

I do have only 1 pisser. So from head to bottom of pipe then top of pipe overboard?

Frequent Poster

I forgot to mention it has a 2.0 NS with the black spring. Is that the right setup for this combo and I also noticed the gasket between the cab and intake manifold is soaked with fuel. This has to mean there is a leak but from where? It has a primer on it Running from the return line but I am going to eliminate it and just run a solid return line.

Quote Originally Posted by 112motorsports View Post
    I do have only 1 pisser. So from head to bottom of pipe then top of pipe overboard?
    Yes

Thread Information