Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Buying New Advice/General First timer ?s

I think I settled on a Yamaha FX HO,Or HO cruiser. I went out to a dealer and looked them over and sat on some just to get a feel of them,Seemed very nice!
    They were marked on sale at around $12,500,So im assuming if we were seriously going to sit down we could get it a bit cheaper than the asking of $12,500?
    Also while I could get a couple solid months or use out of it before I have to put it away for this BS Ohio winter,It wouldnt kill me to skip this season and buy in the winter months if the price drops a good amount,Any experienced buyers have a ballpark figure on what it might be in the off season down from 12k?

Also I have no trailer,does anyone know what trailer would be a good for the yamahas FX models. Who knows how far I will travel with the ski on the road,But id say I will hardly be on the road as I live less than 2 miles from a boat ramp into lake erie,So what would be a decent trailer to look into and the prices of them?

Re: Buying New Advice/General First timer ?s

For first timers, if you are not sure how much you will ride or what kind of machine you want, it might be better to go down the path of buying a used machine. If you are somewhat comfortable with keeping things with engines running and fixing/cleaning the wear and tear on a used machine, you can save big bucks while you learn if you even use the machine enough to be worth it.

We bought a pair of older machines with trailer from a private party for less than $5000. We used them for two seasons and had a blast. When we decided we were using them enough to warrant upgrading to newer/faster, we sold the set for within $300 of what we paid for them.
    Shore Ramp PWC-50
    www.lakesiderecreation.com

Thread Information