Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: water in oil?

water in oil?

Good day all, need some advice/help here!!!

I have a 2005, supercharged GTX Sea-Doo and I went to changethe oil on Saturday. I followed the procedurelaid out in the service manual. I ranthe craft for approximately 1 minute, let it stand for about 5 minutes and thenproceeded to remove the oil filter cover. To my horror, the oil within the filter and motor was milky white incolor meaning that water had somehow entered the engine. I also noticed that the coolant recovery tankwas empty and needed filling. Iím assumingthat coolant is somehow entering the engine. Any ideas oh where I should look first or is this even something a backyardmechanic can fix?

Thanks..

PWCToday Guru

Re: water in oil?

Remove the spark plugs. Take the top off of your coolant tank. Blow air into the open spark plug holes, if air comes out the coolant tank, you might have a blown head gasket, or cracked head.

In regard to a backyard mechanic being able to fix it... depends totally how good that backyard mechanic is. I have seen "professional" mechanics that would not be able to fix it!!!!!!
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great. (Except for the one with engine that SBT put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into and is now sitting as I collect repair parts)

Re: water in oil?

I agree with hemmjo...potential bad head gasket.
    Now: 2011 SeaDoo GTI SE 130

Then: 2008 SeaDoo GTI SE 130, 1994 Kawasaki SS Xi, 1989 Kawasaki ZX10, 1986 Yamaha Radian

Thread Information