Need gasket help with dual SBN44 rebuild (WaveRaider, WaveVenture 700)
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Need gasket help with dual SBN44 rebuild (WaveRaider, WaveVenture 700)

So, I just picked up a 94 Raider and 95 Venture 700, and I'm working on rebuilding the Venture carb setup first. I have new 1.5 needle/seat and rebuild kits (gen Mikuni), and the Mikuni rebuild diagram has some discrepancies. One carb (I'll call this the slave carb) doesn't have much to replace as far as gaskets go. The right one in the photo (I'll call master) has some round plastic diaphragm things to replace, which, after looking at the SBT rebuild video, and reading here on the forums, I managed to successfully get the new ones in the correct way (ink facing out, there is one on each side of this plate) with dental flossing the rubber grommets in.

My question is the gaskets on top, facing the pulse plate; originally, below the middle metal plate with the round plastic diaphragms, mine had a o-ring and a rubber gasket. On top of the metal plate (under the outmost plate marked "pulse") mine had the clear plastic "gasket" (I have no idea how fuel is supposed to flow through this) and then a gasket on top towards the screws/plate. But, the instructions/diagram shows the clear plastic sandwiched between the two gaskets. Which is correct? My carbs also have the o-ring grooves so I replaced those as well. I've included some photos of where I think the gaskets all go, and then a final photo of the two unused gaskets left (they don't match the shape of my fuel pump cutout area). I have never rebuilt carbs like this, so this is new to me.

Carb1.jpgMy carbs - "slave" on the left, "master" on the right.

Carb2.jpgThe left/slave carb setup. When opening, mine only had the o-ring, no other gasket on top. Is this correct? The rebuild kit doesn't have a illustrated diagram for the slave carb.

Carb3.jpgThe total gasket layout how the instructions show.

Carb4.jpg
    Here, I have a o-ring and the black rubber gasket - this is how it was when I opened it, so I replaced it like so.

Carb5.jpg
    How the instructions show the top gaskets. When I opened the carb, I only had the clear plastic and top gasket - not the bottom one facing the o-ring. Do I stack it like this, or like it was when I opened the carb?

Carb6.jpgMikuni instructions. The 2 is sandwiched between two #1s.

Carb7.jpgUnused gaskets for the master that don't match my fuel pump area. The slave carb didn't take any gaskets like this, and only one o-ring (plus needle/seat side parts and diaphragm, etc.).
    Last edited by super_kev; 07-15-2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Clarification

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Need gasket help with dual SBN44 rebuild (WaveRaider, WaveVenture 700)

Found a Venture and a Raider manual - both show that there is the o-ring, then clear plastic diaphragm, then gasket above that, so it is not sandwiched like the above photo (gasket/plastic/gasket, correct is plastic/gasket). Should have located a service manual prior to the rebuild.
    Last edited by super_kev; 07-16-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Thread Information