Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: 750sx Hard Starting and Idle- Keihin CDK-II with 3 jets?

If I was to sell my carb and go with a more traditional carb that was intended for use on a 750sx small pin, would there be a specific make, model and size that is recommended?

Thanks again guys, there is nowhere else to go for this type of help, there isn’t a dealer or mechanic in town that’s willing to even talk about these things.

No it may foul the plugs eventually. Run it a bit around lake and then check plugs. Tan ideal, white lean, black to oily black rich.

I would rebuild carb and fuel pump first. Fuel pump has security style torx screws holding it together FYI.

Have fun!
    Last edited by nebraska650; Yesterday at 11:43 AM.
    1989 Kawasaki 650 SX - 750BP - Coffman - OP Bedplate
    1991 Kawasaki 650 SX - Stock
    1994 Kawasaki 650 TS - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsu3y View Post
    If I was to sell my carb and go with a more traditional carb that was intended for use on a 750sx small pin, would there be a specific make, model and size that is recommended?

Thanks again guys, there is nowhere else to go for this type of help, there isn’t a dealer or mechanic in town that’s willing to even talk about these things.

the carbs you have came from the factory on small pin motors. That being said, a single mikuni is pretty dang good. We have both setups running against each other regularly, hard to say which setup pulls harder, bout the same on top too. Mikuni alot easier to tune, but the dual Keihins have been great once dialed in.

These carbs can RIP, just takes some time to learn what they want i guess. I swapped jets, drilled out transfer ports, flat sanded the bases and made sacrifices to the river gods. I also ground off the dang posts around the adjustment screws and JBwelded T handles on those SOBs.

Frequent Poster

Well it sounds like you narrowed it down to your carb which is good. I have been burned by aftermarket carb rebuild kits before, i've done a carb rebuild so I think oh the carb is good and look elsewhere for the problem, but some of those kits are complete junk and leak/don't seal right. I would get a genuine oem kit and do a complete rip down, clean all passages/blow air through, new needle/seat or do a leak test, and new oem gaskets.... I can't see what else the problem could be at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information