Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Pump Paint

Pump Paint

I did a search here and didn't find anything , maybe i didn't hit enough pages so i did a google search , and on one of the forums several guys said the Rust-Oleum epoxy Appliance paint holds up better than anything they tried yet even in salt water on skis and jet boats , So i grabbed a rattle can of it vs. the brush on can which works just as well , Its only in white which i did ask the Homer Depot guy while i was trying my best to keep a straight face , hey ya got it in Seadoo Purple ? His reply was Huh ? So white it is.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Re: Pump Paint

Well i painted it and I'm impressed with the finish , Time will tell how it holds up once i get the new bearings and seals in and put it on , I always been a fan of Rust-Oleum paints as they seem to be the most durable I've tried on everything. My father retired from Praxair corporate office as safety supervisor for the east coast region (Union Carbide ) and he said they use Rust-Oleum paints on the new oxygen tanks as it last longer than any paint they tried in the past. Anyway i bead blasted it first then used the spray can and did a second coat after 30 minutes of the first then once it air dried i put it in the suburban with the windows up for two days to bake it.
    XP Jet Pump 001 by Nuclearcobra, on Flickr
    XP Jet Pump 002 by Nuclearcobra, on Flickr
    XP Jet Pump Paint 004 by Nuclearcobra, on Flickr
    XP Jet Pump Paint 001 by Nuclearcobra, on Flickr
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Thread Information