Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

2001 gtx maint light and limp mode

Good afternoon - I have been searching for the fix for my issue, but not quite finding one going in the right direction.

I have two 01' GTX models and I went to take them out this weekend, and one had a dead battery when I went to start them. I put a charger on the battery on high charge, and then started it after 10 minutes or so. When it started up it idles just fine, but blinks the red maint light, and has blinking maint on the display as well as it will only rev up a little.

After reading MANY threads, I have replaced the battery, and replaced the plugs. Then with my volt meter I tested the rectifier and the leads coming from them show 11-12 and when starting it, it seems the same. I then took the rectifier out of the other ski (which is working fine) and put it on this ski, and still same error messages. I then checked the voltage with what I am pretty sure is coming from the stator to the rectifier and they show the same current and does not seem to change when its started. I then did the same process on the good ski with the exact same results.

I went ahead and checked compression as well, and on the ski with warning lights, it is 145, 130. On the good ski I show 130,130

So I feel I am now stumped!! My other option now is to take it to local dealer to run diagnostics for $120. Only issue is this shop fried a motor on my kawa last year and I had to rebuild the motor, so I REALLY hate to give them any money at all, but they are the only place within an hour..

So any advice or ideas are GREATLY appreciated from the experts on this site!!

Thanks in advance.
    Brian

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: 2001 gtx maint light and limp mode

Could be a blown fuse....

PWCToday Newbie

I checked all the fuses and they are good.

Gtx DI or ? Did you check battery voltage while running @ 3000 rpm ? New to you skis ?
    Last edited by Bionic racing; 07-12-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Thread Information