Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Blog Entries

1995 Yamaha WaveRaider 1100 Only firing on front Cylinder

Hi all,
    First time poster long time reader.
    I was out last weekend on a 1995 Yamaha WaverRaider 1100 I recently purchased for $400 because it didn't have a title (I went through the process and titled the ski, wasn't actually that bad). The ski was running great, super face and really responsive. I decided to start jumping the wake of a passing boat. On the third pass, the ski came down and just died. I was able to get the ski running and it limped back to shore. I blew out the exhaust line thinking it was clogged and overheating. Sure enough, some stuff came out. So I took it out again and it was still limping along. So I brought it back in and noticed that only the front spark plug was warm. Pulled all the spark plugs and pushed the starter while holding each plug, each spark plug gave me a slight shock.The cylinders crank strong and push my thumb right off. I'm thinking the spark plugs or wire are weak? Ant recommendations?

Would only one plug be getting hot because the carbs are messed up and not getting fuel to the cylinders? When I prime the carbs while on the water, it feels almost like I'm flooding the engine, so I don't think it's a fuel issue.

The Ski was upgraded with almost every Riva racing part when I purchased it, including intake, ride plate, CDI, etc, so I'm pretty sure I got a hell-a good deal.

Also, what is the best settings for the Riva CDI. Right now it has everything "on" (1600, 800, 400, 200, 100)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rick Shaw; 07-11-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information