Newbie checking in from Houston!!! Check out this 94 750sx!
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Newbie checking in from Houston!!! Check out this 94 750sx!

Hey yall!

Just got this 1994 750sx from the back of my new job... its been sitting for about 3 years with a cover. Dumped the old gas, replaced the plugs, and dropped in a new maintenance free battery... it runs like a champ! I considered redoing some gaskets and a carb rebuild but decided to stick with the ol "if it aint broke, dont fix it" rule.

I do have a few questions...
    1) Does the intake silencer do anything/ is it necessary? It didnt come with one but i found one on ebay and bought it for the heck of it.
    2) Is the handle pole spring supposed to just assist in lifting it up... does an aftermarket one make some sort of big difference?
    3) Any where i can find the assembly that holds the handle pole up?... i have the cast piece that was broken but i dont know what other pieces go with it and i think they are pricey.

My local dirtbike track has a private lake with a buoy course which ill be riding at and nearby Lake Conroe. Give me a shout if you are local!
    IMG_8092.JPGIMG_8094.JPGIMG_8096.JPGIMG_8097.JPG

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Newbie checking in from Houston!!! Check out this 94 750sx!

Welcome to the site and possibly the sport. Did you get the ski for free?

1) It's a flame arrester. In the event you have a backfire through the carb it stops the flames from that igniting any fuel vapors inside the hull.
    2) The spring assists in holding the pole up. The OEM one isn't very strong and if you want more assist then get an aftermarket one.
    3) Check out the parts diagram: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ka...js750-a1-a2-a3 You can search in the classified parts section here or post in the want to buy. Yes, the parts are pricey -- get used to owning a boat.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Nice ski! If someone took the flame arrester off and not jetted it correctly, the motor has been run lean. You may want to have a peek at cylinder and pistons. If they re jetted, you will want to return to stock jetting for the decreased airflow with the arrester in place.

...now go ride it!
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

PWCToday Newbie

Thank you both for the answers... and also i was wondering about that... the flame arrester is still in place on top of the carb. Its the additional air box/silencer that i ordered and was skeptical if that's gonna affect the performance. If it does I will simply keep it off because ive had these before and i do not want to even touch the jetting.

Do you think it could be harmful to run without that airbox in place, my only thought is that it could allow water in more easily if flipped.

I paid 300 with trailer, I am into it about 500 now.

You fukking stole it!!!!!!!!!

What additional airbox/silencer? I have no clue what that is. Pics. or parts diagram of it? If you remove the airbox you need to put an aftermarket flame arrester on it, and also rejet for more airflow,

PWCToday Newbie

Here are pictures of the airbox....

I have been running it as shown in the first picture with just the flame arrester. just seems a bit to open to the elements.

IMG_8211.JPGIMG_8210.JPGIMG_8212.JPG
    Last edited by JChaps89; 07-10-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Thread Information