Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Older decent jetskis on the cheap?

Been looking to get a cheap decent jetski as a trial run to see how much I use it and if I really like it etc. So I was looking to pick up something decent for 2k or under. Just been looking at my local craigslist and see alot of older seadoo in my price range. I contacted some guy today as he is selling two seadoos 98's ones a GTI and the other is a GSX,hes looking for $1500 each "no trailer" Also seen a few waverunners that I liked the looks of but they were a bit more pricey at around $2500-$4000 for around the same years or a few years newer.

Id like something stable for lake erie easy to work on as I like to try to do as much repairs as I possibly can before bringing it to a shop. So let me know what you think about these models I mentioned or recommend something that will fit my needs and price,,Thanks!

Re: Older decent jetskis on the cheap?

None of what you listed is a jet ski. Get an x2. Easy to ride, reliable, and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best deals happen in the fall when the weather turns. Right now it's a sellers market. Pretty much figure if they need any work what with interruption's and all you won't be riding this year.

PWCToday Newbie

I sent you a PM

PWCToday Newbie

I been looking for a couple of weeks now and pretty much keep seeing just about the same prices and years,,Usually a late 90's to early 00's 2 strokes usually people wanting 2-4k.
    So it got me looking at other option and the seadoo spark seems to be a good deal considering I can get a brand new one with a warranty for about 7k. Any thoughts on the spark? looking at the bigger 3 seat with the 90hp engine.
    Looked at the yamahas they are very nice but looks like it would cost me about 13k for something I want,Just too much at the moment.

But im looking for a comfy dry ride more than high performance,would a spark be that?

PWCToday Newbie

C03D27BA-7F99-40E0-9782-A1939C413901.jpegHey man I just sold my 00 GTI seadoo and picked up a 2018 Yamaha EX Sport. I bought a new trailer too. But I got the ski for $7500 out the door. I donít like the spark cause of the plastic hull. The Yamaha is a great value you get the 1050cc 100hp engine.. reverse, boarding step and an actual fiberglass hull. They just came out in 2017 but has the tr-1 engine that is proven. Check one out i think it is light years ahead of the spark not to mention itís an ACTUAL 3 seater
    Last edited by JPalermo33; 07-16-2018 at 09:14 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

I seen you're PM then actually seen the ski on CL. Looked pretty decent! Where did you go..Looks like we live pretty close to each other. GL on the new ski!

PWCToday Newbie

It was a pretty clean GTI! Went to Honda East in Maumee, pretty close to Toledo .. great dealer to work with and no freight and prep fee which saves money. Yes we live pretty close just over an hour away.. and thanks!

Thread Information