User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Burning up pumps left and right.....

The seal in your pump pictured is for a carrier bearing assembly , not the high pressure side of your pump , must use OEM tefflon style pump seal or you get another bad pump day , been there done that , once , trusted wsm carrier seals to work , but not desighned for that application , only for sealing carrier assemblies with NO pressure forced upon them by a jet pumpa

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

Found those pictures:

They should be pretty self explanatory. If you have any questions about any of them, feel free to ask. Pay particular attention to the aftermarket green seal and the OEM all stainless double lip seal.

IMGA0673.JPGIMGA0674.JPGIMGA0645.JPGIMGA0643.JPGIMGA0634.JPGIMGA0633.JPGIMGA0629.JPGIMGA0628.JPGIMGA0599.JPGIMGA0627.JPG
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #1
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #2
    99XPL Runs like it's possessed! :

02RX Current project in-work, ready to be assembled.
    A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.
    I love my CanDooPro! Take that stealerships!! www.candoopro.com

Well assembly and disassembly is easy as hell, and straight forward, but the seal is has to be where all my issues are coming from, every flipping kit has those crappy single lipped carrier bearing seals.... I would have though someone making a kit would have “reverse engineered” the oem seal. Apparently not, and I am surprised there isn’t more Information about using only the oem seal..... I have searched the web up and down trying to figure out what was going on, and it wasn’t till yesterday someone pointed out the crappy seals I have been using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scat uses sea doo pump seals on some mag pumps for a reason

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic racing View Post
    Scat uses sea doo pump seals on some mag pumps for a reason
    I can't be the only one who finds this comment confusing. But just in case I am, would you mind providing me some context so that I can better understand what you are talking about? Who is the manufacturer Scat you speak of and what kind of pump is a "mag pump?" And finally, how do you know that Scat uses SeaDoo pump seals and not the other way around. Maybe BRP borrowed the design for this seal from another industry to suit the unique application of a PWC jet pump?

Or are my questions completely irrelevant because you are talking about Skat-Trak Magnum pumps?
    Last edited by SpitAndDirt; 07-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpitAndDirt View Post
    I can't be the only one who finds this comment confusing. But just in case I am, would you mind providing me some context so that I can better understand what you are talking about? Who is the manufacturer Scat you speak of and what kind of pump is a "mag pump?" And finally, how do you know that Scat uses SeaDoo pump seals and not the other way around. Maybe BRP borrowed the design for this seal from another industry to suit the unique application of a PWC jet pump?
    A scat mag pump is a setup for Kawasaki and yammies now, and they are setback pump setups..... and because they are non oem pumps, they design them with the setups they like or work the best. Which makes sense...

These are what he was talking about

https://impros.com/store/pump-handli...gnum-pump.html

Hey y’all is this right? I just replaced the carbon seal and I know my previous c clip didn’t hold the top hat this way

And could pump failure lead to a motor being burnt up? I cannot get her to start now after the pump failure, and when the last pump failed I was able idle back to the harbor and water was coming out of the pee hole

Never mind she’s running now, must have been vapor locked or something stupid....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information