User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Burning up pumps left and right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I always install the seal as in the bronze pump pic, spring in. I've seen too many letting water in with the spring side out.
    I never installed the seal on the non Bronze pump, it came with seal and bearings installed ready to go basically, other than me putting the thrust washer and bearing, shaft and prop on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is another question and it may be stupid but I am going to ask anyway.... is the Xp rated for two riders totaling 300lbs give or take 20lbs? I know this isnít a transmission type deal but any time the pump has crapped out it has been when my girl and I are both on it

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

It's more of a coast gaurd approved floatation thing. You're fine.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scherf View Post
    This is how I installed the seal

This is how the new pump came

I don't understand why you are even using that type seal in the first place. The OEM seal is a special design, double lip, Teflon coated(?)seal. It costs $20 for just the seal. The type in both of your pictures is a single lip seal designed to be used in a different application where it isn't subjected to fluid on both sides of the seal. The seals that are pictured cost about $1 and are 99% made overseas. I'm sure there are tons of people who will disagree with my assessment, but I've always rebuilt pumps using the higher quality, more robust OEM style seal because that cheaper style wears out too quickly. I don't need the comebacks or bad publicity when a customer's weekend is ruined because I tried to save a couple bucks rebuilding something. If I can find one of my old ones, I'll try and post a comparison photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #1
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #2
    99XPL Runs like it's possessed! :

02RX Current project in-work, ready to be assembled.
    A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.
    I love my CanDooPro! Take that stealerships!! www.candoopro.com

Quote Originally Posted by SpitAndDirt View Post
    I don't understand why you are even using that type seal in the first place. The OEM seal is a special design, double lip, Teflon coated(?)seal. It costs $20 for just the seal. The type in both of your pictures is a single lip seal designed to be used in a different application where it isn't subjected to fluid on both sides of the seal. The seals that are pictured cost about $1 and are 99% made overseas. I'm sure there are tons of people who will disagree with my assessment, but I've always rebuilt pumps using the higher quality, more robust OEM style seal because that cheaper style wears out too quickly. I don't need the comebacks or bad publicity when a customer's weekend is ruined because I tried to save a couple bucks rebuilding something. If I can find one of my old ones, I'll try and post a comparison photo.

Alright listen here dude.....

This is my first ski that I am responsible for maintaining.... hell its my first all together (family is more of the boating kind)

Second off this is what has come in the flipping kits that I have found....

Thirdly what ever seal you speak of, I havenít found it in any of my searches....

Forth and finally the one in the aftermarket pump was the f***ing one that came installed so I would have hoped for the $$$ I paid for it that it would have come with the best seal possible, and further more it should have at least came with some lube for my a**hole, but yet here we are....

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scherf View Post
    Alright listen here dude.....

This is my first ski that I am responsible for maintaining.... hell its my first all together (family is more of the boating kind)

Second off this is what has come in the flipping kits that I have found....

Thirdly what ever seal you speak of, I havenít found it in any of my searches....

Forth and finally the one in the aftermarket pump was the f***ing one that came installed so I would have hoped for the $$$ I paid for it that it would have come with the best seal possible, and further more it should have at least came with some lube for my a**hole, but yet here we are....

Forgive me, I can see how my tone may have come across as being condescending to you but please accept my apologies, I didn't mean to be a **** about it.

In all honesty, I'm mad FOR YOU and every other buyer who gets sold substandard replacement parts. I know exactly the kits you are talking about and they are very misleading in the quality of parts they supply. And they never post high quality photos intentionally to keep the consumer under-informed. The only reason I know as much as I do is from having experienced these problems first hand.

A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.

Forgive me, I can see how my tone may have come across as being condescending to you but please accept my apologies, I didn't mean to be a **** about it.

In all honesty, I'm mad FOR YOU and every other buyer who gets sold substandard replacement parts. I know exactly the kits you are talking about and they are very misleading in the quality of parts they supply. And they never post high quality photos intentionally to keep the consumer under-informed. The only reason I know as much as I do is from having experienced these problems first hand.

Itís ok bro and I understand, now point me in the direction of this seal and a GOOD bearing rebuild kit with shaft cause my as***** is getting very weak these days

Lol

The OEM seal P/N 267000094 (old # 293200025) is the ONLY seal you should use in your jet pump. Do not trust any seller who claims that his black, single lip, made-in-China seal will work. Unless it comes in a factory sealed BRP bag, it's not the right one.

I copied this info exactly from the message I sent to Seadoos9694 earlier last month.

Last edited by SpitAndDirt; 07-03-2018 at 11:28 PM.

The OEM seal P/N 267000094 (old # 293200025) is the ONLY seal you should use in your jet pump. Do not trust any seller who claims that his black, single lip, made-in-China seal will work. Unless it comes in a factory sealed BRP bag, it's not the right one.

I copied this info exactly from the message I sent to Seadoos9694 earlier last month.

Cool flipping beans, I may then blow the bearings tomorrow when I go out but I have another kit coming and now this seal lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information