Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

new fox on the block

thank you for letting me in to the forums

my name is silviefox, im really mostly a bike guy (ATM have 6 motorcycles, a moped and a 3 wheeler) but the other day i came across something i just had to save (i work for WM at a transfer station {IE a dump})
    a customer came in with a 198? wet jet 428 that he wanted to get rid of and due to the fuel and oil in it he couldnt dump it at my work...... so i bought it from him and had him drop it off at my place

its a bit ruff, its missing a few things (hood is gone, no battery, random bolts, hull plug, and what not.) and needs a few thing.(carb work most likely, starting solenoid, wiring, some hole(s) patched up)

before i found out what it was i had two plans....
    plan A. was to remove the motor and jet drive and install them on my 12' aluminum sea king....
    plan 2. was to build a micro jet boat from scratch and put the motor and jet drive in it.....

but now that i know what it is im more into trying to restore it as much as i can..

if any one can help me please contact me i will be forever grateful

PWCToday Guru

Re: new fox on the block

I can't help with the restoration of the wet jet, but had to comment on how amazing it is the stuff that people just throw away.

Good luck with the restore.
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great. (Except for the one with engine that SBT put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into and is now sitting as I collect repair parts)

Re: new fox on the block

thank you and ya theres so much great stuff that people throw away (like almost new TV's, almost new tires, nice rims and so on and so on) and sadly theres a no savaging policy so unless i can get the customer to drop it off at my house or next to my vehicle its gone for good

Thread Information