Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Regular

Re: Yamaha wave raider 1100 running problem 1996

Ran the ski for 2 hours on the hose without issue.

Was going to take it to the lake but it got late.

One thing I noticed is when I unplug spark plug wires 1&3 there’s a noticeable drop out but when I unplug cylinder 2 there’s no difference. Tried 2 different spark plugs but it’s definitely sparking.
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150, shredmaster ride plate, extended nozzle, tripple pisser kit....

If Cylinder 2 is working, the spark plug will be as warm as the other ones. If no combustion in Cyl. 2, the spark plug will be cold or significantly cooler than the other spark plugs,,,

PWCToday Regular

Thanks for all your help so far. The spark plug was definitely warm just like the other 2. When i get a chance I will take it to the lake and try it again. If it still has an issue, i will try replacing the fuel pump and/or look into the fuel switch for on/off/reserve-both of them seem to be common issues as well.
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150, shredmaster ride plate, extended nozzle, tripple pisser kit....

PWCToday Regular

I just ordered a new fuel pump. This one has 4 ports instead of 3. Does anyone know which I need to cap off? Or a diagram on how to route the fuel lines for this ski?

Thanks
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

PWCToday Regular

EC9DB2D2-263F-49CA-B9EB-B6B48A5AE7DB.jpeg

Got the new pump in and decided to take the old pump apart to see what it looks like and this is what it looked like
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

PWCToday Newbie

I just got done doing the fuel system on my WaveRaider. I used a rubber cap to cap off one of the exit ports. There should be arrows on what is intake or exit for the fuel pump. Block off either port. What I did also was re-clock the fuel pump so I could re use stock hoses. It turned out great.

PWCToday Regular

That’s exactly what I ended up doing. I really am hoping this fixes the issues I was having. Everything else checked out OK
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

PWCToday Regular

Here’s an update. Took it to the lake today and it ran just as good as it did on the hose.

Didn’t ride it very long as our launch gets full quick and they shut it down I didn’t want to take a spot so andamily couldn’t enjoy their day on the lake.

I checked all spark plugs with an inferred gun and they were all almost exactly the same.
    1995 Kawasaki 750ss-Sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information