Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Hydro-Turf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

2009 SHO FX-not FLUSHING

Hello,

New to the form and looking for some help.

I have a 2009 SHO/FX with 55 hours. This season when I started and turned on the hose to use the flush system. No water went to the engine. Water was coming out the pump housing, but not not the exhaust. The ski was on the trailer and setting level. I went to the ramp and back the ski into the water and started. Water coming out the pee holes on the port side and the vertical hole on the rear deck. I let the ski run for about 7-10 minutes on the trailer. All seemed fine. took the ski out and ran for awhile and all good, no engine over heating. Put it on the ski dock and tried to flush the engine. Same as before, no water out pee holes or the exhaust.

I talked to the local Yamaha service department, and all I got was, to bring it in for them to check it out for $120.00...

I'm fairly mechanically capable. as I have have few of the old GP1200, nice rockets. Which I have rebuilt and modified them. My wife want a more refined ski, hence the SHO purchase 2 years ago. Other than normal maintenance, I have not gotten into the ski. It's a bit more complex than the GP1200.

So any ideas on whats could be happening and or corrections, would be greatly appreciated.

Spdspinner

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cyrillefrenchy's Avatar

Re: 2009 SHO FX-not FLUSHING

you need a lot of pressure and flow to see water coming out of the lateral pee holes. most of the water you inject from flush hose come right back out of the jetpump. if you kink the hose going from Y connection to the rear of the ski ( jetpump), all your flushing water will flow thru the engine and exhaust and you will see water gushing out of side hole and exhaust. very well known problem on these machines unless exhaust water jacket and block are clogged up by corrosion build up.
    The Jetski Repair Shop
    South Pasadena Florida

PWCToday Newbie

I have not had this issue in the past. I will try the jinking of the water to the pump after the "Y" and let you know.

If the the water jacket is corroded and blocked, would this effect the ski when running, using? As I stated running the ski for 20 or so minutes the overheating alarm did not sound. Or not?
    Thanks!

PWCToday Newbie

cyrillfrenchy,

Well I blocked of the water line after the "Y". Unfortunately NO Joy. Wasn't sure which line went to the pump and the engine. I blocked one and the alarm sounded and then the other line and the alarm sounded. With each kinking of the hose, water ran out the jet orifice. Neither was warm when I felt the discharge.

What do you think?

Thanks.

PWCToday Regular

What happens if you put the ski in the water and start it up? Is it overheating?
    Last edited by bfunke; 07-01-2018 at 06:40 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bfunke View Post
    What happens if you put the ski in the water and start it up? Is it overheating?
    It does not over heat after 20 minutes riding. After the ride I put on the ski dock and tried to flush, but the no water came out the exhaust and alarm sounded. Water did run out the jet orifice. Water flow was slow, little volume, I have good water pressure. I have not ridden since. Don;t want to chance damaging the engine.
    The flush intake where the adapter connects into by pushing and turning to lock into place. This appears to have a stopper inside that may prevent water coming out if you forget to put cap back on, when riding. Could this be malfunctioning?
    Last edited by Spdspinner; 07-01-2018 at 10:45 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home David3aces's Avatar

Red flush hose inside ski kinked not allowing water to flow? Seen this a few times.

PWCToday Regular

Are you using the OEM Yamaha adaptor on your hose. I’ve seen some aftermarket adaptor hoses that look to be more restrictive than stock

PWCToday Newbie

I believe it is, but I have another one and will try that one.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by David3aces View Post
    Red flush hose inside ski kinked not allowing water to flow? Seen this a few times.
    Yea, I'm sure it isn't kinked for good flow. I'm going to try another flush adapter. Stopping by dealer today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information