pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Krash 50Cal? Opinions.... Worth the money Yes or no?

I have a few questions and concerns with these skis. I have never rode one, nor even seen one in person in my area (Arizona, USA).

Questions:

1. Have any of you bought this ski? What was the cost to buy a ski, cost of shipping to you, and import taxes?

2. Are these made in the US at all? Or are they all imported into the states?

Concerns:

1. Because these motors are built and supplied from Krash. It has to be pricey to rebuild them, and import them.
    Are the engines reliable? Are the pumps reliable? I am in fear of buying this ski for 12k, and then having to somehow find another 5k to rebuild the pump and/or engine after a few hours and be sidelined from the water for months on end.

2. Are the hulls even good? For such a low price for a complete ski, it leaves me in fear of getting a subpar product. If the motor and pump are good, that leaves the hull... Is it strong? Anyone experienced any cracks or imperfections?

3. Not a concern, but if anyone in the Lake Havasu area has a Krash 50cal, I would like to meet up and possibly try it out. I'll bring snacks and gas

Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Krash 50Cal? Opinions.... Worth the money Yes or no?

Haven't found anything good said about them. Check out the X, quite a few people dropped money on useless not so RTR paperweights.

I have no first hand knowledge (o.k., no knowledge whatsoever except what I've read) of the company, or the skis, but I sure as he!! would not buy one. It's cool what they're trying to do, but having to wait on EVERY SINGLE PART to come directly from them, (and it seems like you WILL be waiting on a lot of them) is absurd.

Like I said, you can educate yourself on them on the X.
    Last edited by whazguude; 06-21-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by whazguude View Post
    Haven't found anything good said about them. Check out the X, quite a few people dropped money on useless not so RTR paperweights.

I have no first hand knowledge (o.k., no knowledge whatsoever except what I've read) of the company, or the skis, but I sure as he!! would not buy one. It's cool what they're trying to do, but having to wait on EVERY SINGLE PART to come directly from them, (and it seems like you WILL be waiting on a lot of them) is absurd.

Like I said, you can educate yourself on them on the X.
    Like I said, 12k is badass!
    I just would not want to have to wait a month for every part to be imported to me.

PWCToday Newbie

I own one. It's been an awesome ski. I like the way the hull handles compared to an Edge that I test rode but it really just a personal preference. The edge i rode had a 950 Dasa, comparing the KV997 to a 950 Dasa I think the KV997 hits harder on the low end. I've ran about 10 tanks of gas through mine and the only issue I have is with my back! Hoping to run 3 more tanks through this weekend.

Work with Krash on the cost of things. They should have the best idea.

Good luck!

Thread Information