Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

JS440 Fuel Line Confusion! Newbie Needs Help

Hello all! I am new to the world of Jet ski's but not to the world of two strokes. I have fully rebuilt a project JS440 that I got (3mm bored, ported, BN44 carb, full Kerker pipe w/ Mariner waterbox, Wiseco pistons the usual... Blah blah blah) The person I bough the ski from did the fuel selector delete, they made their own "line bung" so to speak, for the top of the tank under the hood. There are only three lines coming out of it, and the other side that goes into the tank has one plastic line that goes all the way to bottom (Main, straight to Sediment bowl??) one line that goes almost all the way down (Return line??), and another that is cut way at the top (Tank vent??). I cant get anything to get into the carb, I had this carb on another stock 440 so I know it works.. Any ideas on why it wont suck?? Thanks in advance.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: JS440 Fuel Line Confusion! Newbie Needs Help

Several reasons it won't pull fuel: pulse line broken/disconnected/rotted/clogged, fuel pickup not connected to correct fitting at top of tank, cracked pickup tube, holes or loose connections with fuel line, and loose fuel/water separator.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

I have checked to make sure that all lines are connected to the proper fitting going into the tank. I will try and run new lines today, maybe one is clogged.. Every line has a clamp on both end of it aswell. I will check the pickup line in the tank too. If this doesn't work clean the carb and inspect?

PWCToday Newbie

With the selector deleted, you should have 1 line coming from the fuel pickup (longest tube on tank, which is actually where the reserve used to go) going straight to the fuel filter / water separator. Then 1 line coming from outlet of filter to carb inlet which is on the front round part of the carb. There should be 1 return line going from the carbs left (or rear most in relation to hull) fitting back to fuel tank does not really matter which tube. You will have a third tube coming off the tank and that is the vent. It should be the tank fitting with no tube. You can try to siphon fuel from the line at the carb inlet to see if you can suck fuel to that point with little to no bubble in it, if you can suck fuel easily to this point its an issue with your carb pump or the pulse line.

I dream skis

Take the filter off the carb and put your palm over the throat. If you pull gas, you have vacuum and properly routed lines.

Thread Information