Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: 2000 SUV Carb rebuild

Im having an issue with pop off as well . I followed outside bills write up and went with a 1.5 NS but the problem im having is that not one spring will get me to a 50 pop off .. i tried the gold one and only got 35

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Guy View Post
    what kind of tech he is. Fing idiot.
    A perfectionist

Quote Originally Posted by Ingeld View Post
    Im having an issue with pop off as well . I followed outside bills write up and went with a 1.5 NS but the problem im having is that not one spring will get me to a 50 pop off .. i tried the gold one and only got 35
    Silver spring 115 g for 55. Use only genuine Mikuni parts made by Mikuni if the box doesn't say Mikuni and a have Mikuni's logo do not use them. 115 g used to be gold silver now .
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just installed tonight 1.5's with Silver Spring and I had exactly 55 psi.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    I just installed tonight 1.5's with Silver Spring and I had exactly 55 psi.
    I used mikuni springs that came with the kit ... couldnt get proper pop off .. ordered a set of 115 gram gold springs ... still wont get there

I used mikuni springs that came with the kit ... couldnt get proper pop off .. ordered a set of 115 gram gold springs ... still wont get there
    There are two different silver color springs maybe someone has some gold color 115 g springs left over I don't know. If you have the correct 115 g spring and 1.5 needle and seat you should have at 55 pop off . If not you have other issues leaking car body etc.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    There are two different silver color springs maybe someone has some gold color 115 g springs left over I don't know. If you have the correct 115 g spring and 1.5 needle and seat you should have at 55 pop off . If not you have other issues leaking car body etc.
    Where would it be leaking? Ive help had it hold pressue at 20 psi with no drop. I have tried every spring I have and cant get above 35 . I was told on another fourum to streach the spring untill i get what I need . This is being crazy frustrating and I cant find anyone near me that works on these carbs,.

I don't know why you have this problem ether. I do strech and cut my spring a bit - not too much to get psi that I want. Try holding down the needle with your finger to see for leaks. Try to strech the crap out of one of the springs that you don't need to see if you can get the higher psi reading. Also check that needle is in good condition without s groove in the head. If all that fails then it makes me believe that it is something wrong with your pop-off gauge. BTW I use the portable air tank and using on/off vent to control air - much easier that using a pump.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    '99 Yamaha SUV1200
    '02 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    '12 BMW 650i Convertible
    '19 Honda Pilot Touring
    '19 Jayco Jayflight SLX 224bh travel trailer.
    Sold '12 Mercedes GL350 Diesel & '04 SL500, '99 Pontiac Firebird, '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, '09 GMC Acadia, '14 Acura MDX

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

You would think after 4 years you could tune a carb.

Do as Firebird suggested and stretch one of your old Springs just to see. I believe you just have the wrong Springs. Order some new 115 grams from Protec Yamaha $3 a piece. 1.5 needle and seats with 115 grain Springs gives everyone I've seen 55 PSI. Did you or someone been the spring arm too much?

Where would it be leaking? Ive help had it hold pressue at 20 psi with no drop. I have tried every spring I have and cant get above 35 . I was told on another fourum to streach the spring untill i get what I need . This is being crazy frustrating and I cant find anyone near me that works on these carbs,.

Mikuni Springs 115 95 80 65gr from left.jpg

Old Gold 115gr Spring is now Platinum color, not to be confused with Dull Silver 95 gr or Shiny Silver 65gr Springs.

Notice the height or length difference; the 115 gr springs are the tallest/longest...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information