User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Skis at a public landing

I have a 3 place trailer with a 650 and 2 550s on it that I run. I would say at least 3/4 of the time that I go out riding it’s solo. My problem is that when I go out alone there’s usually nobody around to help me take the other 2 skis off the trailer so I have to take them with me to the landing. When I get back to the truck after riding, 9 times out of 10 there’s somebody there checking them out. How do you guys secure your skis when they’re just sitting on the trailer? Even with covers on them I still worry that somebody is going to mess with them or worse have them stolen.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home TMali's Avatar

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jdpilot's Avatar

Re: Skis at a public landing

Quote Originally Posted by MitchInMN View Post
    I have a 3 place trailer with a 650 and 2 550s on it that I run. I would say at least 3/4 of the time that I go out riding it’s solo. My problem is that when I go out alone there’s usually nobody around to help me take the other 2 skis off the trailer so I have to take them with me to the landing. When I get back to the truck after riding, 9 times out of 10 there’s somebody there checking them out. How do you guys secure your skis when they’re just sitting on the trailer? Even with covers on them I still worry that somebody is going to mess with them or worse have them stolen.
    I use the keyed bike locks from walmart. Wrapped around drives haft and to trailer frame. They aren't coming off

Prospect Mountain Powersports
    Altitude; 653
    Limited 87 650SX- 43.6
    Limited 93 X2- 45.1
    Limited 87 hull/86 internals X2- 43.7
    92 WR3- 37.0
    93 WR3 w/Shuttlecraft JetSport
    94 WB1- Limited
    09 superjet- stock 1 owner
    88 WetJet 432- stock 1 owner
    87 X2- stock 1 owner
    82 js440- stock 1 owner
    92 js440- stock 1 owner
    85 js550- stock 1 owner
    85 js440 super stock- Expert Womens Class
    85 js440- super stock- Region 8 Novice

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I'm more worried about some a$$wipe parting them out, or being jealous and sabotaging them while they're on the trailer and I'm riding. It only takes a few minutes to get some expensive, choice parts off a ski, and even less to dump some sh!t in the fuel tank.

It sucks to have to babysit my sh!t, but it's fun to be able to switch up skis at the lake. Usually, my girl and I ride 2 skis, and leave a third on an in water stand, but Monday night I saw my RN floating away, because some morons were holeshotting from the shore, and then ripping around 15 feet out. I hope they hit the huge rocks that are currently underwater.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Whazguude I am worried about the same thing, I was thinking I will probably try to figure out a way to lock the hood or at least the handpole down on each ski, that way they couldn't get the hood off. that and maybe try to figure out a way to get a locking gas cap to work on there. other than that there isn't much I can think of the keep them out of the wrong hands.

Those 550's are light enough for one man to handle. Just leave them at home on dolly's.

Stop taking the trailor. Put ski your using in back of truck.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Wife's ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, H2o designs RN waterbox, Newmiller head 195psi w/girdle, protec ride plate, Protec modified cdi, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, solas prop, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

How do you get the skis in the bed of a truck alone??

Thread Information