User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Oil injection advice/help

I have several older Jetskis. I was always taught to delete remove all injection and pre-mix. But I was wondering and thinking the problem with these two cycles is that if a carburetor gets stopped up. With this ethanol that happens a lot. Just wondering would it not be better to run all injection so that if one cylinder stops running it still gets a I have several older Jetskis. I was always taught to delete remove all injection and pre-mix. But I was wondering and thinking the problem with these two cycles is that if a carburetor gets stopped up. With this ethanol that happens a lot. Just wondering would it not be better to run oil injection so that it wouldnít burn the cylinder up. Or is it as I think it is the old injection wonít help without fuel going through there. Also Iíve been told in the past that most all injection never goes out it just gets cracks in the lines. Which I believe because every older ski that I deleted or should I say donít use all injection but it still hooked up. It is full of oil in the bottom of the ski until the tank runs out. Just curious should I just do it the easy way and pre-mix always or should I run or injection if it would help stop cylinders from burning up I would be willing to go back all injection Thanks for your help and sorry for the miss spelling Iím using talk to text

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: Oil injection advice/help

Oil pumps themselves rarely fail. It is typically the lines, and or check valves.

You are correct, fuel is also a big issue. But, oil injection will not help a ski that is running lean due to fuel issues, you will still melt / stick a piston(s).
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Re: Oil injection advice/help

Thanks man ! I have been reading
    And looking I believe I’m bypassing it on everything
    I love the easiness ! But it’s not worth the risk to run it !!

Thread Information