pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

95 MC replaced starter. nothin if I jump solonoid, power direct to starter works

Last year my starter was arcing bad against the pipe, and I think it burned out my voltage regulator (https://www.blwpartsfiche.com/showpa...?part=3008-120) . I replaced both my starter and Voltage Regulator. The solenoid clicks, but the ski doesn't turn over. If I run a battery directly to the starter it works... Is my solenoid bad?

solenoid(call it a relay on browns) part number 3008-165
    Last edited by cleetus; 06-09-2018 at 05:53 PM.

I dream skis

Re: 95 MC replaced starter. nothin if I jump solonoid, power direct to starter works

I would remove the wires at the solenoid, and touch/jump them together, just to test the wiring harness, as a first step. Or put a voltmeter on the input and then output sides of the solenoid, and see if you get battery voltage there (other lead to (-)), with the starter circuit activated.

Re: 95 MC replaced starter. nothin if I jump solonoid, power direct to starter works

So after many hours.. it was my red wire to the starter.. corroded where it wasn't easy to see... starter was probably fine...
    Always be sure of the simple stuff before you tear into things more...

Thread Information