Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

95 GTX Two beeps stopped working

I having been working on my gtx just replaced the info and speed gauges. Now the 2 beeps I should get when the safety lanyard is installed has stopped working? Eng starts up ok info gauges are working when I press the start/stop sw with the lanyard off, the gauges are on for the 33 sec. when i go into advanced diagnostic mode I get the correct 1 short and 1 long beep. any info would be helpfull.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home bills86e's Avatar

Re: 95 GTX Two beeps stopped working

That year MPEM does NOT beep twice, like newer models.

PWCToday Newbie

The 95 GTX operator manuel on page 56 shows you should get 2 short beeps when the safety lanyard is attached. what is correct?

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

First, the last two digits of the Hull ID number would be the correct year of the ski. Second, if you have a push button where the safety lanyard connects onto, then most likely you do not have a buzzer that beeps. If, however, you have the safety lanyard post with a metal rivet in the center, then you have DESS and it should beep twice when the safety lanyard is clipped on.

1995 is supposed to be the last year for the old style, push button, safety lanyard. 1996 is the first year that DESS was introduced, unless there were some models in the production line that had DESS installed in some of the last 1995 models. I doubt it though.

If you do have DESS and the ski starts and runs fine, it's very likely that your buzzer has simply failed and needs replaced.
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #1
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #2
    99XPL Runs like it's possessed! :

02RX Current project in-work, ready to be assembled.
    A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.
    I love my CanDooPro! Take that stealerships!! www.candoopro.com

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the info guys, I guess the 95 GTX operators manual is wrong, The service manual does not cover the 2 beeps and the advanced diagnostic mode gives the 1 short and 1 long beep so i guess it is ok.I will take it out for a ride this week to test it out. Thanks guys

Thread Information