Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Is my head gasket blown?

Quote Originally Posted by fbicodex View Post
    hmmm. I didn't realize that model had nuts on the engine head bolts. I have a 95 xp, with a 717 rotax and the head bolts just go into the engine block holes that are threaded. No nuts.

I don't see how there could be exposed nuts, but if you can see them, is it possible you can jam something in there to hold the nut still(presuming it is in a crevasse where you cannot get pliers or wrench to it.

If you can't think of anything try and post a picture and maybe someone here will have an idea
    I was able to get the head off after lots of wd40. I will post pics soon. I've inspected inside the cylinders and they look and feel fine, no scoring. When I get a cylinder gauge, I will see if its still in spec. The rear cylinder though looked like that part of the head gasket wasn't sealed 100% anymore. The bolts on that side were rusty. When I loosens the head bolts, only the front cylinder released pressure which to me sounds like the rear one wasn't sealing well.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stlrider View Post
    I was able to get the head off after lots of wd40. I will post pics soon. I've inspected inside the cylinders and they look and feel fine, no scoring. When I get a cylinder gauge, I will see if its still in spec. The rear cylinder though looked like that part of the head gasket wasn't sealed 100% anymore. The bolts on that side were rusty. When I loosens the head bolts, only the front cylinder released pressure which to me sounds like the rear one wasn't sealing well.
    IMG_20180613_141617.jpgIMG_20180613_141641.jpgIMG_20180613_140318.jpg

PWCToday Newbie

it definitely looks like one piston has been running wetter than the other. They don't look bad if you ask me, can I get a second opinion?

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fbicodex View Post
    it definitely looks like one piston has been running wetter than the other. They don't look bad if you ask me, can I get a second opinion?
    Yeah they don't seem bad to me really the only thing I can conclude is that I blew a head gasket and the low cylinder wasn't sealing allowing water in and not firing. Before ordering a new head gasket, anything else I should check?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information