Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

94 Kawasaki 750ss

I have a 94 Kawasaki 750ss. Well Iím having a issue to when I ride for oh 10 or 15 minutes it starts to bog down and then eventually when you give is gas it will bog down and die. It will idle all long just fine. It runs super good for the short time then starts doing its thing. Iíve rebuilt the carb, screens were clean but replaced them anyway and it has been tuned back to factory. Ive put a new fuel pump in it .Iíve tried riding with the seat off to see if it gets hot and it doesnít I mean warm yes but not so hot I canít touch it for a short period of time. Compression in both Cylinders were good. Iím goin to try a new cdi and see if it helps anyone else have any suggestions? thank you

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 94 Kawasaki 750ss

Just throwing an idea out there, I have not experienced that problem myself, but this could be my guess.

Based off the behavior you described, the problem seems to happen after it's been run for a bit
    2 guesses
    1.) as you burn through fuel there is less pressure in the gas tank to push fuel through the lines, which would cause it to not be able to rev from restricted fuel flow. A very very simple way to check that, is run it the 10 to 15 minutes like you said. once it starts bogging, loosen the gas cap then re-tighten and see if it makes any difference. Personally I don't think that would be the problem, but you never know.

2.) it might be a result from it heating up(I know you said it's not HOT, but just humor me) take a compression test when the engine is cold, what are those numbers? Then run it to the point when you are experiencing the bogging, then take the compression test again, if the compression is less once it's warmed up that might explain your problem. I know it might be hard to check that at the lake though. but get both sets of those numbers and see.

Hope that helps! Just a guess :P
    Last edited by fbicodex; 06-10-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Maybe a leak down test is in the future.

PWCToday Newbie

Did a compression test Borge cold and hot and scored a 150 both times I left of both time for 5 minutes ish and they never leaked off i think I’m gonna try the stator next

Thread Information