User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1987 JS300 wonít start (full rebuild)

A leaking gasket would have been detected by an Air Leak-down test, did you do one to check the engines air tightness?

You could pour a little oil down the spark plug hole to help seal the piston and thus boost the compression maybe enough for combustion to take place.
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 06-15-2018 at 10:06 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

I bought the piston and gave it to the machine shop with the base to match it. I would hope they did it right. If not, I live 8 hours away now, it was 5ish years ago and I wouldn’t spend any money to fix it. I’m thinking a leak down test is my next task. Hopefully it’s the head gasket or something....

PWCToday Newbie

Well, I am moving so I ended up giving up on the project and cutting my losses since JS300s aren't worth much and I didn't want to put more money into it. I ended up trading the ski for two 5000w generators and selling them for more that the ski was worth in working condition. The new owner wrote me and confirmed it was the stator electronics (kinda figured it was, just was hoping it was something else I could fix). He got a rebuild on that and it fired right up, so at least I know all the other stuff I rebuilt worked correctly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information