User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Anyone in DFWmetroplex have a sxr

Looking to meet up and ride our x2 with anyone with a sxr, and or rent a sxr for a day.
    Need to ride one before purchasing.
    Txt, call , private msg or email. Pm for number or with your contact info please.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Anyone in DFWmetroplex have a sxr

Come to the Austin area event on 6/9. Someone will let you ride theirs especially if they can ride your X2.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

That might be possible for me to make it there for that. However my main reason for looking for a semi DFW metroplex meet up is more for family reasons. I take care of elderly grandparents and a wife with a pretty severe seizure condition, and venturing more than a hr or so away makes me nervous enough to usually ruin any chance of enjoying my time. Also, anyone that ever wants to ride my x2 is always welcomed to. Most stand up riders ive ran across share this mentality, but I have found more than a few high end high HP seadoo/kaw ultras/yam 1800 etc riders that do not. I go with the, if you ask to ride my ski even if you dont a ski to swap, go for it. It's the guys that float over on their 300hp small boats that ask to ride it then say something stupid like, I would let you ride this, but its not for the inexperienced caus its just so powerful. Those guys are usually semi politely told no you may not ride my x2. On the inside tho im thinking, "you arrogant little F, I sure would enjoy watching what happens when you take off with a thumb full of braaap (since most sit riders tend to either be either floating or @ WOT) and attempt the very first turn" but I try to protect their little snowflake egos and say nothing, atleast usually anyway. Honestly, I have been quilty myself of that once, but only regarding motorcycles. I had a guy riding a ninja 250 come up to me at a gas station once and ask me if he could ride my k8 gsxr 1000 if he let me ride his bike. I think I hurt his feelings by simply asking him one question, " Dude, are you F'n retarded ?"

Expensive PWC + Liability Risk + Unknown Rider Skills = NO

Too many people cannot safely ride a fast PWC.

I let people that I know are skilled and safety-minded ride my 62mph Stand-Up, which are few...

Recently, a fellow experienced stand-up rider with a fast SXR 800 ski, suffered a concussion, broken collarbone, broken ribs and punctured lung while riding alone on the buoy course. Another top-notch level rider suffered a bruised eye socket and cut when the SXR 1500 bow smacked him in the face during a very tight and very fast turn, also while alone on the course.

Ask the Jetski Rental Businesses why they put Speed Governors on their rental PWC's...
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 06-08-2018 at 12:49 PM.

I get that, but in reality a kindergartener could hold a ultra310x at WOT in a straight line on glass.(not referring to racing or pro racers, or even running bouys solo. I was referring to the typical 'I bought the fastest ski made and that makes me a pro level racer people' I mean its not like it requires any input from its pilot. Hold bars straight, hold trigger. My point was when someone wants to try a high hp standup, yet doesnt want to ride swap due to them making it seem like they are only able to controle their 'very fast ski' because of their superior riding skills. What they dont know is if they havent spent many hours over many years having to swim down their standup in deep water, they positively will not step on to any standup for their first time, and not come anywhere even remotely close to being on the ski anywhere near the time they are going to spend in the water. That was the point i was trying to convey that when asking to try someone elses ride, its poor judgement to basically insult the owner of the ski they want to ride by acting like their ride is too much for the stand up owner to handle, when back in reality, its very difficult to ride stand ups, atleast in the beginning any way, yet a todler could ride a 310x very fast in a straight line. Its bad etiquette on their part since Im inclined to believe any stand up owner/rider could most likely ride the sit down riders high hp 3person boat better than they can, caus most people standing grew up doing so. However the couch rider couldnt stay upright 100ft on my ski. I believe most standers have no issue with ride swaps caus we know the difficulty and its just a unspoken rule that if your riding a stand up, and doing so atleast somewhat well, tells others this isnt your first visit to the lake. Thats how I perceive it anyway, and obviously this is just my opinion. Your opinion will be different, then someone else will have an opinion about my opinion of your opinion, and that series continues on infinitely. Think about how frustrated you get when attempting to teach someone new to standing. Weve been doing this since kids and i think thats why its hard for most of us to understand why whoever were showing how when they not only cant stand up, but cant seem to understand the get your knees in the try part. I know I get irritated and think, how do you not know how to do this. To me is almost like when an adult says they cant swim. That always baffels me . Im like, swimming is fairly simple, its called not drowning, and being an adult if told, move your hands and feet in a manner that keeps your head out of the water, there done, now u can swim. But theres gota be some reason that when you tell an adult, push ski down, grab the grips, put your forearms on the tray side rails, angle your nuts out of the danger zone, grab full throttle, set a knee in the tray, then the other, ride on knees a bit and figure out the steering, then stand up. Simple right, just following instructions should only take one try to atleast get in the tray on their knees right? No. They try over and over untill you get irritated enough to say ok, your done.

Thread Information