Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: 2005 fx ho

2005 fx ho

So I took my Jetski out this weekend for the first time this year. Since I am the worst with batteries, I just ran and bought a new one, added some fuel cleaner and it started up great. Launched it it was purring like a kitten, was so excited to be back on the water!. Then after going thru the incredibly long wake zone, I took off and it got up to speed and then the warning light came on and it started beeping. I shut it off and tried again. Got up to 40 and then it dropped down to 20 and that was it..warning light came back on and I shut it down and towed it in. Today I got a good look at all of my oil in the bottom and opened the engine cover to see oil inside...is it dead forever...Can I do anything or do I have to take it in to the dealer? I don't know anything about them because it has run great until now. Bought it brand new in 2005...any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Resident Guru

Re: 2005 fx ho

Did it make any crazy loud noises? When was the last time it had an oil filter? (the oil filter on these can corrode and cause you to lose an engine)
    XI Sport
    GP800R
    X2
    FX140

Re: 2005 fx ho

Thanks for the reply back...no loud noises besides the warning and I turned it off. To be honest, it has been a few years since I had it serviced and I fear I may be paying the price. That being said, I read about a recall on the hose clamps and am hoping to find that is the problem. Today I am going to get all the oil out and refill it, place clean towels down in the bottom and see if it just comes pouring out to find out more before I take it in...just worried about the verdict so I want to try and figure out as much as I can first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thread Information