User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Early Js300 head vs late 300sx head

I have two Kawasaki 300 heads. One is from a 1986 JS300 and the other is from a 1990 300sx. The darker head is from the 300sx, which overheated and is still dirty. My question is in regard to the dome shape and size. Is there a difference in volume for either of these heads? I am not sure if itís just a changed design because this 300sx came with oversized pistons as well.

4E027622-95EC-4D13-8935-ADAFBC22DB4F.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Early Js300 head vs late 300sx head

bump

Resident Guru

Looks like the one on the right was recut for larger pistons. doesn't matter what they did you can cc that dome and find out where its at and you might want to measure that piston and see where your at diameter wise. We can piece together whats going on. 20-30 years ago there where a group of guys in NE Michigan that had js 300's that they where doing crazy things trying to get as much power out of the motors as possible. I had one of the skis and have had a few engine builders in this area look at it. The consensus was that motor was turning well over 40 hp. Was running 205 psi on the head, BN 38 carb, exhaust was ported and ran a AM WB and straight out the right rear. The ski would go over 40 on flat calm water, just take a long time to get there. So you may have one of they frankin skis. Which is cool.

Wow that’s very interesting to read. Unfortunately I don’t think so, the head on the right was taken from a clean, bone stock js300. The cylinder bore and piston are still stock with light wear from normal use. That would be cool if I did!

Thread Information