Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

1994 seadoo xp help and 1996 seadoo xp

Wanted to ask this question because I am unsure of how everything works with jet skis I am new to this sorry.

1994 seadoo xp:
    I got a 1994 seadoo xp and when i start it for some reason it is almost like it holds it's self wide open as in the throttle anyone have any idea how to fix this?

1996 seadoo xp:
    I also got a 1996 xp and none of the gauges are working anyone have any idea about this either? thanks

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

Re: 1994 seadoo xp help and 1996 seadoo xp

First of all...Welcome!

My suggestion would be to download the shop repair manual for each ski and start reading them.

For the '94 XP. I would recommend checking if the throttle cable is caught on something or adjusted too tightly for it to rev on it's own or check/adjust the idle screw by turning it counterclockwise to lower the rpm level. A Tiny Tach or TTO or HardLine tach/hour meter is very helpful & easy to install and is a nice little rpm gauge to help set the idle speed.

For the '96 XP. I would pull the grey box upfront and check if there's water intrusion or corrosion in there and then check/replace the fuses and go from there.
    What would Chuck Norris do?

I'll check the throttle cable. where is the idle screw at? if you could tell me or show me a video before i start turning things

I'll also check the grey electrical box up front ill check that I'll check all the fuse's and make sure no water has been in there or is in there and for any rust or anything but anything specific i should check they gauge in the middle the digital one comes on but doesn't work correctly but nothing else seems to work at all?

I'll give a update tomorrow after i check everything

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

The idle adjustment screw is located on the MAG carb (front carb). That’s to say the carb closer to the fuel tank. You’ll need to pull the flame arrestor housing for easier access or just follow the throttle cable with your fingers to the cable connector. You’ll find the idle screw there.

Here is the Mikuni USA tuning manual:

http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/sbn_manual.pdf

Post some pictures of inside of the grey box.
    What would Chuck Norris do?

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

On the 96XP without the DESS key installed press the Start/Stop button once and the middle gauge should light up for 33 seconds. The fuel gauge LCD should come on and the Red battery LED should come one too. If the red led comes on but the fuel gauge shows nothing, then the fuel sender has probably dropped it's magnet. Time to pull the sender. If no red led comes on, then you have a "holding relay" in the front electrical box that is malfunctioning or broken. Just to be on the safe side, disconnect the rear VTS unit from the harness just in case it's blowing fuses.
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #1
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #2
    99XPL Runs like it's possessed! :

02RX Current project in-work, ready to be assembled.
    A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.
    I love my CanDooPro! Take that stealerships!! www.candoopro.com

All of the lights light up red and the red dot bedside the gas stays on without the dess being in i checked the 7.5 it was blowed again but it started up i noticed the vts wasn't working when i had it in water but i put a new fuse in and it didnt blow it that time even after starting i am thinking it mayb in the gret box but it didnt beep when i put the dess in either that time for some reason

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

If the buzzer is original, they can work intermittently. You can check the buzzer by pressing start/stop and during the 33 seconds of power on, touch the wire from the cylinder head sensor to the base of a spark plug. Each time they make contact, the red temp led will come on and the buzzer will sound continuously. I found that I had a buzzer stop working because an insect had crawled into it and made a nest. The diaphragm couldn't vibrate to make a sound. A quick trick would be to try and blow out the hole with a couple quick blasts of compressed air. The buzzer is easy to access, just remove 4 screws for the handlebar pad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.

where it just beeps twice when i put the key in idc about it really long as the ski works it started up just didnt hear the beeps like i originally did but for some reason the gauges arent working correctly i guess is a better way to put it and it is now not beeping

So I went back and tried it again after changing the 7.5 fuse in the box in the back the black one which i think goes to the vts and everything is working correctly it beeps twice when i put the dess key in now and everything else works correctly just the gauges arent working the vts and the other isn't at all but the digital one works some what but i think you may be right able the magnet

The speedo gauge is known for not working because of water intrusion. When I pulled mine apart several years ago, the electrical circuit had lots of corrosion and the needle mechanism did too. There is a single thin rubber gasket behind the gauge lens that dry rots and splits, allowing water to enter.

Similarly, the VTS gauge is subject to the same water intrusion, however, it receives a signal from tiny rice-sized magnetic reed switches that are encapsulated in the black epoxy potting compound on top of the VTS module/actuator. The switches do go bad as well as the VTS as a whole. It's only 22 years old after all....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information