Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Why does SBT have such a bad rep?

Why no sbt? Cause if you sell the wrong part and have any kind of pride in your company you
    Make it right. Your good name is worth more than u save with cheap bearings. Poor chraftmanship should never be allowed, the parts should be bought back and inspected so you can continue to sell these things. If your crank has the wrong bearing, case too much sealant and gaps, seals or n wrong or bad piston clips you were stolen from. SBT defenders say that not ALL SBT engines are garbage, but some are and they seem too ok with that

PWCToday Guru

I had an SBT 550 crank let go on the first ride. Broken weld and walked web on the front web.

They dont port match any of the sleeves.

They will only install sleeves as needed so if your cylinder needs one sleeve, that's all it gets. In an aluminium cylinder, this causes uneven heating characteristics.

They recut heads and reduce material thickness' to dangerously thin.

If SBT wants to be good, they need to line bore cases and install steel sleeves, use high quality Japanese components (especially bearings), do 2 sleeves at a time, and port match their sleeves.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supdood View Post
    I had an SBT 550 crank let go on the first ride. Broken weld and walked web on the front web.

They dont port match any of the sleeves.

They will only install sleeves as needed so if your cylinder needs one sleeve, that's all it gets. In an aluminium cylinder, this causes uneven heating characteristics.

They recut heads and reduce material thickness' to dangerously thin.

If SBT wants to be good, they need to line bore cases and install steel sleeves, use high quality Japanese components (especially bearings), do 2 sleeves at a time, and port match their sleeves.
    Technically they don't want to be good, just good enough to make it out of warranty.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I bought 2 SBT engines for my GP1200s. A matching pair. Both ran flawlessly. No problems.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information