Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Custom Waterbox - WV1100 Engine

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some details on possibly building a custom water-box for a Wave Venture 1100 engine. Anything along the lines of the mechanics behind how they are built would be great. Things like back pressure, how much water should it hold, how far should the pipes be underwater, how big should the chambers be? If not, I guess I will just throw one together and see what happens using the details off the original one. I think the original is three chamber but due to space limitations, I am going to try to run a two chamber. I just want to keep the same power, without being it being annoyingly loud.

The whole reason for building one is due to the fact that this engine is being used in a jet dinghy. Since space is limited, the driveshaft was shorten 13" moving the engine to the rear of the boat. The original waterbox can be pipped in as a last resort but it's doesn't fit and will be in the way of gas tank plans. Most everything I've search states to just use the original, but that's a last resort option. I'm not trying to get peak power out of this engine but I'd also don't want to build something that robs a ton of power.

Buying an aftermarket waterbox may be an option, but ideally for space optimization I'd like to build one to fit in the room I have to work with.

Another questions is would it be alright to pipe the system down from a 3.5" to 3" for the exhaust. I have plenty of 3" tubing laying around that I can use for exhaust and it doesn't seem to be that reducing the size will affect the system to much. I currently run 3" exhaust on a 600hp car that I built, but two strokes and their exhaust systems are something I don't have much experience with. I understand how a tuned pipe works and benefits the engine, but I don't know how anything past that plays into performance. I know a little backpressure is desired.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pics of tiny boat.

Last edited by INSANEREINDEER; 05-28-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Re: Custom Waterbox - WV1100 Engine

By 3" pipe, do you mean the exhaust after the actual exhaust pipe just for taking the gasses out of the boat? You can't modify the stock pipe to be smaller without a new pipe, and the large expansion chamber after the manifold and head pipe is very important on 2 strokes. As for the waterbox, I have no answers sorry.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Wife's ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, H2o designs waterbox, Newmiller head 175psi w/girdle, protec ride plate, Protec mod'd cdi, UMI grate, RN pole -4", rev footholds, solas prop, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

PWCToday Newbie

Basically everything after the expansion chamber will be custom. I'm not looking to modify anything. It currently uses 3.5" rubber hose. I want to shrink it down to 3" aluminum pipe. I really don't want to use any of the stock exhaust parts that aren't connected directly to the engine.

What's in the pictures will be left as is and everything else will be built from there.
    Last edited by INSANEREINDEER; 05-29-2018 at 09:12 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Start with a Waveraider 1100 box cut down if needed.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Nice work btw.

Quote Originally Posted by INSANEREINDEER View Post
    Basically everything after the expansion chamber will be custom. I'm not looking to modify anything. It currently uses 3.5" rubber hose. I want to shrink it down to 3" aluminum pipe. I really don't want to use any of the stock exhaust parts that aren't connected directly to the engine.

What's in the pictures will be left as is and everything else will be built from there.
    That should work fine. A bit less power but still should operate fine.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Wife's ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, H2o designs waterbox, Newmiller head 175psi w/girdle, protec ride plate, Protec mod'd cdi, UMI grate, RN pole -4", rev footholds, solas prop, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Thread Information