Older 2cycle jetskis same bogging issue in hard turn!!!!
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Older 2cycle jetskis same bogging issue in hard turn!!!!

Sorry for the crazy wording . But I have a couple older 90s jetskis one is a tiger shark 640 Daytona and one is a Yamaha wave raider 700. Anyhow they run great but if you spin them or go in a circle hard the will sometimes fall on their face just curious what could cause this ? Thinking it might be the suction line in the fuel tank but anyway they run great! Just if you spin them hard they will big for a few seconds just like they are starving for fuel ! I have also noticed they do it with a full tank also thanks for any advice !! Also I am pretty sure the carbs are not perfectly tuned also !!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

Re: Older 2cycle jetskis same bogging issue in hard turn!!!!

sound like a combination of heavy hulls and lack of hp power ,? not to be rude ? what is rider weight...
    Last edited by hyosung; 05-28-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

900 powered custom 650 sx .

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

if i did like everyone else and copied everything i needed or wanted i would save lots of time and money.

Lol

Well it does it with just me! Might just be a normal thing. I’m 160lbs but like it say it acts like it’s starving for fuel it will spin for a minute then it will bog never shut off just like they lose power

PWCToday Newbie

Actually, it may not be uncommon. In general a jetski will turn with more power to one side than the other, this is a side effect of how the engines are setup. This might be the what's happening in your case, although it does seem to be exaggerated for you.

Can you see if it will turn with more power turning the other direction? (not knowing if you have tried turning in both directions to notice the problem you're describing)

Yes it does it both ways but like i day sometimes you have to let it ! Well it’s kind of like taking off in a stick shift car and being I. 3rd all the sudden it comes back to life when I first got the one ski the Tigershark it would have this weird problem come to find out the gas line that goes inside the tank used to have a metal piece on it it disintegrated into an allowed the gas line to float up to the top and stick out of the fuel and create or make it have air pockets in the fuel line but anyhow I was just curious if it’s possibly something to do with carburetor tuning I’ve always adjust the carburetor is in them but I’ve realized I really don’t know what I’m doing as far as turning them. I can get them close to the point someone that didn’t write much we think it was perfect but I guarantee you everyone I’ve adjusted is not right LOL

Thread Information