Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Hull extensions SXI Pro

Does anybody know where I can get hull extensions for an SXI Pro?
    I called Blowsion directly and they said they discontinued them so I searched around and found out that a place called Waterdawg kustoms sold them So I tried calling them for three days and leaving messages with no call back, I finally did get someone to answer the phone on the forth day and he seemed to be bothered by my call but he took my Credit card information and told me it would be to me in three days.. long story short they never showed up and they never even charged my card. Does anybody have some used ones? Thank you

Re: Hull extensions SXI Pro

I researched a bunch about the hull extension being I ride a pro also. It’s been said that running the hull extensions alone will cause too much down force on the nose that instead up going up over waves or chop that u wud actually dive bomb them. Also multiple write up state that they shud be used with front sponsons to even the ski out After talking with my buddy he said he didn’t like the extensions even with the front sponsons that he ended taking them off and just ran the tubbies with an extended ride plate. I’m assuming ur looking into these extensions due to the ski proposing I can tell u from personal experience my ski also did bounce a lot with a stock ride plate. I ended up changing to an extended R&d which ended up helping keep the nose down a lot. But what worked the best out of anything I did was more tray time! I can pretty much get it to plane out in any riding condition just by simple just by small body language corrections and have been really happy with my “stock” hull. I have yet to install tubbies on my ski but some people say they liked them some people say they didn’t. So it seems it’s rider preference. For a 200+$ gamble I’ll keep it the way it is because it works perfectly fine as is.

Using a couple of washers between the back of an extended ride plate and the hull on each side seems to help with proposing as well. Increases the nose pressure just enough to make it easier to get the right body position to maintain plane.

PWCToday Newbie

I did a swap it now has an 1100 ZXI engine so it rides a little deeper so Ive already ordered the Tubbie Destroyers to help it ride a little higher in the front, It already porpoises Pretty bad as it is even though I have already shimmed the ride plate (WR306 worx extended ride plate). Blowsion also recommended to use the hull extensions with the tubbies. I have read aon a forum some time back that the tubbies by themselves will stop porpoising?? Seems to me like it would make it worse.

Thread Information