Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Air Blair Darts

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Air Blair Darts

Late last summer I got my hands on a 2015 Air Blair Dart. At first it was just to go over the ski and prepare to sell it for a friend. But.... After a few days on my beach, I knew that ski was going nowhere! I had to have it. So.. I purchased it and began getting familiar with the ski and getting hooked. I sold my SN to partially fund the purchase and so began my new obsession. I still had my RN and my daughter and son would ride that and I would ride the Dart. After a few rides, my daughter decided to give the Dart a try. I was a bit apprehensive because the ski has power and torque I've never felt on a stand up ski. She is only 90 pounds, so I reluctantly let her take it for a rip. Needless to say, after that ride, we both preferred the Dart and fought to earn the tray time. As of now, my son still has not taken it for a ride. I'm looking forward to his reaction as he is in for a treat.

Fast forward to winter and I got an opportunity to purchase a second Dart for my kids. Technically the ski has become my daughters and she plans to allow her brother a few rides this summer.

I started this thread as a way to document and keep track of how these skis perform long term. It took a little getting used to, but now we are very comfortable with the handling and performance of these skis. They are unlike any stand up ski that I've had the pleasure to ride.

Black/Blue Ski:

Ported 760
    Dual 44 Mikuni SBN
    Pro Tec Pipe
    Pro Tec Head
    155 MM Yamaha Pump with trim

Black/Pink Ski:

701 61x
    Single 44 Mikuni SBN
    Factory B Pipe (Mod Chamber)
    OEM Yamaha Head
    155 MM Yamaha Pump fixed nozzle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JSNate; 05-23-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Re: Air Blair Darts

Black/Blue Dart! Aka: "Star Wars"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black/Pink Dart aka: "Pinky"
    Last edited by JSNate; 05-24-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Lots of hours put on both skis so far this summer. The Black/Blue ski gets used the most since it is my ski.. Can't keep an old guy from riding any chance I get. No major issues with either ski to note. Just normal maintenance with the exception of a broken steering cable on my ski. I replaced it with a Blowsion Heavy Duty SJ Cable. Easy install that took about an hour. I had to remove the fuel tank, water box, ride plate and that was it. Compared to an SJ, FX-1 or any of my JS skis, this is much easier to work on.. Lot's of room under the hood.

Each time we take these skis out we are more and more impressed with their versatility. I thought I would have some regret not keeping one of the Super Jets as my go to, daily ride. But.. That's just not the case. The Dart makes for a perfect all around recreational ski. Still haven't taken it to the Great Lakes for some surf riding. But... I have enjoyed chasing as many wakeboard and ski boats on our lake as possible. So, I can confidently write that this hull loves the waves and surf! It is so predictable and stable on the face of any wave I have encountered. I can't wait to hit a big lake soon.
    Last edited by JSNate; 07-16-2018 at 04:40 PM.

These skis continue to impress with their versatility. Pretty much anything we ask of the Dart's to do, they respond perfectly. Just an awesome all-around recreational ski that would be hard to improve on.

My daughter will test her skills in a local race on her ski next month. Just Slalom course this year with plans to add freestyle next year.

PWCToday Newbie

Father of the year!
    Hope your kids know how lucky they are.

Frequent Poster

Props for sure, hard to find kids who can peel away from the social media machine. You must be doing something right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing draws them away from their electronics like the lake. Gotta keep them busy and focused on living life, not watching it being lived online.

My daughter's Dart got a little upgrade last week. Added the Blowsion One Piece Girdled Head and cleaned up the B-Pipe a bit. Compression went from 150 to 182 PSI. The increased compression really added a lot of punch to that Yamaha 155mm pump. Just an awesome ski with a ton of torque and hit!
    Last edited by JSNate; 09-24-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Thread Information