» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Air Blair Darts

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Re: Air Blair Darts

Kurt needs one!!
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I owe a review of my frigid freeride. I promise to post it soon.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rushford_Ripper View Post
    Kurt needs one!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro-Mike View Post
    Kurt needs one!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    Kurt needs one!!

I see a trend...

Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    Ski is loaded up on the new EZ-Ski Hitch Hauler I just purchased. It looks like a really well made product and Chris was great to work with during my order. I went with their V-1 XL model so it would clear my spare tire carrier on my Jeep and allow me to pull a trailer at the same time if needed.

Forecast for 8:00 AM will be in the high 30's.. So, a wet suit will be in order for the morning ride with Kurt. See ya bright and early!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    Kurt was all smiles after this very, very cold and foggy, early morning rip!
    So yeah, wow am I late on this ride report - REALLY LATE.

So just some brief history on me. I'm a Kawasaki fan head to toe, love them and all their problems. I have had X2's, 440's, 550's and currently a conversion ski with a hot motor in it and a 750 sxi that looks like a rat ride but has fire in its belly. I met JSNate on here while building conversion skis and became quick friends. Fast forward a couple seasons and Nate gets hooked up with Air Blair..... Nate offered to try out his new high hauler and drive my way so I could try his AB! He's always been awesome that way.

The day was cold and foggy, cold like 39° and probably 40° water. We checked the ship out and I really admired how many well thought out parts it has and how well the fit and finish are. We got it started on the hitch hauler so my maiden voyage was a forsure event. Just to be clear, I've probably ridden 5 SJ's in my life and never an AM hull.

First launch - I noticed you wide the tray is and searched around for some good footing that felt comfortable - one thing I wasnt ready for was that with the wider tray, my foot movement really affected the ski - read rider input. I really almost lost it a couple of times when I'd lift one foot to move it elsewhere. I finally found my sweet spot and lowered my heart rate (the water is cold remember and I have a wetsuit on not a dry suit).

Second outing - I came in to chat with Nate about my findings and he smiled and offered some safe advice and gave me something else to pay attention to. So this ride I feel much more stable and decide to turn sharper and play with throttle input - what a great handling ski, throttle was crisp and while the nose dove a little I remembered how Nate told me to apply some gas to keep it upright. Figure 8's were soon in my new skill set and they were tighter and tighter. I decided to attempt a setup wake and get this ski a little air. No problem, a little pull of the throttle and my lane setup wake and I was completely out of the water. I am really having a blast at this time and my confidence is building quick - that's off to Air Blair for this awesome design. I return to the launch to chat with Nate and we discuss more about this ski's potential.

That's all for now boys and girls, this lock down needs some reading material so I'll post more tomorrow. 😁😁😁😁

Look forward to more Kurt.

So lastly I headed out to try and ride it as athletically as I could (and not fall in!) - at this point I have about 1/2 hour on this between test runs. the ski was nimble and stable as I learned where to throttle steer and toss the ski around as naturally as I could. The footing in the tray is feeling much more natural as i become more acquainted with this ski and I try and test some speed. I chickened out at 1/2 throttle as I am used to getting the death toss from my 440 turned 700, the ski is plenty stable and the width of the hull is really great.

I give my whole experience an A+ and if it weren't for guys like Nate whom are huge ambassadors to this sport/hobby my eyes wouldn't be wandering from Kawasaki's.

Hats off to you Brother Nate you live the phrase "Above and beyond".

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rushford_Ripper's Avatar

Kurt, I too have some Air Blair’s, the fixed steer (first one I bought from him) and now a DART as I always liked the look and have wanted one. If you are dead set on Kawi (still hold true in my heart as well) I am sure he could or you could set one of the Air Blair beauties up for a full on Kawi!!!!
    Last edited by Rushford_Ripper; 04-16-2020 at 09:47 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Decided to give the Dart an exhaust upgrade and an updated look. Removed the stock, Yamaha SN water box and replaced it with an RRP box. Omitted one cooling line to go from dual to single. Also added a second pisser to dry the exhaust out a bit. I will play with the water flow during water test to be certain I have proper cooling along with a more crisp and dry throttle. I have turfed many oem skis over the years... but, this is the first time I turfed an aftermarket hull. All those beautiful lines and contour made this a challenge. It is far from a perfect turf job, but I can live with it. I also removed all the pink decals and painted the lower sides of the hull with gloss black.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information