» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Blair Darts

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Re: Air Blair Darts

Quote Originally Posted by newbeejetski View Post
    hey what prop did you end up with?

Both skis were completely assembled when I got them. I will get the impeller pitch information for each ski soon and post to this thread. Adam (Jeff) Blair has suggested that I go with a different pitch on my daughters Dart to match the one on my ski. I forgot the pitch he suggested I order. However, her ski has more than enough torque and power with the current pump set up. But, now that she has a bunch more riding experience on her ski, I am confident she can handle and appreciate even more hit and torque.

The Pink Dart was pretty much up to par prior to winter storage as I did her engine upgrades towards the end of the riding season. I did pull the ported 760 from the black "Star Wars" Dart to clean things up and address a few needed minor repairs. I had an engine mount that was starting to come loose, so the hull went back to Adam for repair. He also produced a second, much longer ride plate for my ski as well. This will really be beneficial in the surf. As the hull was getting attention, I pulled the Pro-Tec pipe and Pro-Tec head off and cleaned things up. I had stripped threads on one of the head/pipe mounts. So, that got a Heli-Coil repair. Ordered a fresh set of O-Rings for the head and painted things up to look pretty for re-installation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JSNate; 12-20-2018 at 08:38 AM.

So.. When the wife was looking the other way, I quietly brought my Dart into the warm basement to get the ski ready for spring. I damaged my impeller last fall near the end of the season. So, I called Impros and ordered a new 6/10 pitch Skat Swirl Big Hub impeller.. I will send the damaged one to Impros to repair and re-pitch. Then that repaired impeller will be installed in my daughters Dart and give her a nice upgrade to compliment the head and pipe from last fall..

While I had the engine out of my ski, I took the hull to Adam Blair to custom make an extended ride plate. I will swap plates depending on how I plan to use the ski on any given day. The longer plate will allow me to pop on plane in surf and offer a bit more stability. The shorter plate will be used as I progress my skills and better learn to rotate this ski.

I also addressed a few issues with the Pro-Tec pipe and Pro-Tec cylinder head. I ordered all new hardware for the pipe. New rubber grommets, washers, bolts, etc.. This allowed me to fit the pipe perfectly and keep it tightly in place.

I will post more pics and an update when the impeller arrive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JSNate; Yesterday at 06:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information