User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

92 Waverunner vxr

Okay I'm trying to fix the start-stop switch on my 92 650 WaveRunner vxr I took it apart cleaned it stretch the Springs now it starting just fine and running getting spark but every now and then I'll push the start button and it wont crank I can tap the switch housing with the handle of a screwdriver and it will fire right up. I'm thinking maybe that lanyard which transfers all the power from all your wires need some grease in it maybe? Has anyone rebuilt one of these and should I put some Dielectric grease on those contacts?
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 05-14-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Re: 92 Waverunner vxr

Yes they can be cleaned as well. A light smear of grease would be fine. Just enough to ward off corrosion.

Got home today and I thought I would try it it wouldn't crank at all I tapped it with the screwdriver handle and it cranked but would not start. I disconnected the wire going to the switch and it fired right up connect the wire back and it dies. I had those switches apart twice now they are clean just like new I didn't put any grease on them but I stretched the springs to get it working, springs look shiny. I might pull it apart one more time and try scraping all the contacts and putting grease on them. If that doesn't work I'll get another switch. I know it's the lanyard causing the problem, the other switches all lead to the lanyard but they are spring loaded and don't contact you push them whereas the lanyard has contact touching and then when it Springs the other two contacts touch and it looks more worn but still shiny but I can just see where it's been sliding back and forth both on the plastic and the copper.

Hi, I was having a similar issue with my superjet (same electronics ). I thought it was the start/stop switch for a while. It definitely seemed correlated to the start/stop switch. However I replaced the CDI and it fixed the problem.

I can pull the black/white wire from stop switch it will fire right up. If I hit the start button and it doesn't even crank I can tap the switch and it will crank. Not the cdi.

ah, sounds like your stop switch is stuck. Which I believe you are addressing in a different thread lol

Sorry bout that, I wanted to change the heading to show I was working on the switch and couldn't do it on this thread so I started another thread but no the stop switch is fine it is the lanyard that is causing the problem I believe if I get new Springs and a little grease it should work fine the stop switch and the start switch wiring run through the lanyard which has copper contacts that slide back and forth when I first took it apart it looked good and clean no corrosion but it had a little bit of grease on it that had turned black so I wiped it off I didn't put grease back on it and I think that's where I made my mistake.

Put grease on it, seemed to work but today I tried it and it's back to no spark but fires right up with the black/white wires unplugged. I guess I'll get a switch, tired of messing with it lol.

Thread Information