User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

JS550 Carb/Exhaust setup

Whats up guys, I just bought a 1986 JS550 W/ a PP motor. The PO just put a new SBN 44 with correct 44mm intake and spacer on it but never tuned it. He also threw in a Jetsport exhaust and header. The Ski has the oem exhaust and waterbox on it. I was wondering If I should throw on the Jetsport Exhaust before I go ahead and tune that carb. But after looking at the header it looks pretty much toast from salt water. I was wondering if i could dremel out my oem header to work with that Jetsport exhaust or just buy another aftermarket header to match. Where you guys would recommend to start with Jetting? I'v seen a lot of people say to start with the low jet size at 100 and high a 125. Is this header worth trying to save? Pics of the Jetsport header below. IMG_6816.JPGIMG_6818.JPGIMG_6819.JPG

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Re: JS550 Carb/Exhaust setup

If it were mine I'd be saving it.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

What would you suggest as a method to remove all of that salt water corrosion to make this a useable manifold again BLRider?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

I would the circle part around the exhaust port then machine .005" - .010" off the whole surface to make it flat. I'd skin the gasket with 1211 and reassemble.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Thread Information