Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Frequent Poster

Re: 2002 Sea Doo XP Over heating?

I think I found my issue but I wont know 100% until I get a new nozzle.

Nozzle.jpg

The hose/line on the right is blocked and I've tried everything and cant remove it.
    Do you guys think this would make the ski run hot?

I dream skis

That's the lines for the bailers. Propulsion water flowing past the tube ends creates a slight vacuum, which siphons out the bilge when running.

Frequent Poster

Then I give up!!!! Anyone want to buy an 02 XP?

Can u go back to the water diagram on first page and hook up the hose to your ski at the back of the pump.But first remove Hose #13 running from the rear water valve to the mid pipe and run it overboard as this is what fills the exhaust up with water when the engine is not running
    Dont start the engine...
    Turn the hose on full, you should have water coming out of the pump next to the impeller,pisser and #13 hose (which should be overboard) as well as the rear of the pump shooting out the back next to the VTS trim rod
    IF you dont have all of these,start by removing the hose #28 under the pipe at the front and turn on the hose, if no water comes out the hose is blocked,if you have water coming out reconnect then proceed to remove #28 from the top of the Head fitting,if no water you have a blockage in the engine/pipe,if you have water coming out re connect and proceed to the jet pump and see if you have water coming out of the both the grate and rear where the impeller sits.
    And with the water on from the Hose pull the larger hose fitting off #29 (lower one) at the water valve on the water box and see if you have water coming out as well.And pull #13 off at the top of the pipe and and the water fitting next to the MPEM to check flow

Report back with results
    Last edited by SURFnTURF; 06-11-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Frequent Poster

ok, #28 Bottom of pipe, has water flow while on the water hose only. Zero water flow while in the lake.

The head fitting, water flow while on the hose and while in the lake.
    #29? is the feed on the Cases on the back side right below cylinder? If so this has water flow while on the hose.

#13 fitting towards MPEM has water flow while on water hose.

Frequent Poster

Sorry 29 is going to Pressure Regulator, will check after work. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by terryupnu View Post
    Just got back from the lake and still no water flow. I left the ski on the trailer while it was running, zero water was being sprayed from left side. I pulled the big line on top of the cylinder head and it's getting water. I then pulled the line off the bottom of the pipe and there was no water flow.

The ski runs great and cools perfectly while on the water hose.
    You wrote this awhile back, to check if this is happening see below
    Can you pull the 12.5mm hose of the head (#28) and the 12.5mm hose going to the bottom of the pipe
    Place the garden hose onto the Head fitting (#10) and turn it on and see if you have water coming out the exhaust fitting (#6)
    It seems like you have a blockage in the water galleries if no water comes out

Frequent Poster

XP exhaust.jpg
    XP.jpg

ok, had ski running on the hose great water pressure on #7 top of exhaust, #8 by MPEM , and #28 bottom hose going to pipe.
    Last edited by terryupnu; 06-11-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Frequent Poster

XP Head.jpgXP #5 zero water flow.jpg
    XP #29 zero water flow.jpg

Ski was on the hose in these pictures and there was zero water flow. Fitting #5 side of pipe, Fitting #10 head, and line #29 going to pressure regulator. I also pulled line going into the head and sprayed the water hose while the line was removed from the bottom of the pipe and there was no water.

SURFnTURF what do you think?

IM guessing there is a blockage in the head???? I stuck a piece of wire in the fitting on the head and it went in smoothly.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by terryupnu; 06-11-2018 at 08:37 PM.

PWCToday Regular

If you blow air in #10 do you feel anything from #9? You wonít get water at #5 while #29 is disconnected or not flowing. If Iím reading the diagram right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information