Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Frequent Poster

Re: 2002 Sea Doo XP Over heating?

My mistake, it wasn't #9 its #2 back of cases just below the cylinder.

Every year I have to remove my pee lines from the pipe to the pee hole in front left of my xp’s and blow them out with air. Along with blowing out the engine drain that drains out the pump cavity. It’s like small insects move in and completely plug them off. I might start shoving a golf tee in every time I winterize to prevent this. But if they’re not clear and you don’t have a strong pee stream then you will overheat.
    "When Life is Passing You By, Downshift"

Frequent Poster

Thank for the reply Gebular.

I have pulled every water line and blew air through using an air compressor. I also pulled the pump, confirmed all orings are installed correctly and all lines on pump are clear. Pressure regulator is clean, so is the jet in the water box.

Ran the ski on the water hose for 20 mins without issue.

Unfortunately, it started raining and I was unable to make it to the lake for a true test. I'll have to wait until next weekend.

Frequent Poster

Just got back from the lake and still no water flow. I left the ski on the trailer while it was running, zero water was being sprayed from left side. I pulled the big line on top of the cylinder head and it's getting water. I then pulled the line off the bottom of the pipe and there was no water flow.

Any ideas?

I have already pulled every line and blew compressed air through them and they are all clear. I pulled the pump it has a good wear ring and there are no blockages. Could this be an exhaust pipe issue?

The ski runs great and cools perfectly while on the water hose.

Resident Guru

If you pulled the line (blue arrow #28) and had water to there, good. How about that right angle fitting that goes into the head? Is it clear? The passage is kind of small and it makes a hard turn, not really a good thing to have as your main water entry fitting, but there it is. To confirm the crankcase is getting flow, is there water exiting from the fitting/hose at the bottom the crankcase (red arrow #1)?

Frequent Poster

#28 which is connected to the cylinder head had water and #1 Red arrow had water coming out. Zero flow from the bottom of the pipe though. Going to pull hose from bottom of the pipe and use a wire brush.

Frequent Poster

Just changed exhaust pipe, thought the old one might be corroded and this thing is still running hot. Any other ideas? The ski runs great on the waters hose but has zero water flow on the lake.

Resident Guru

Have you ever had it on the trailer, backed into the lake, and pulled the water cooling line that comes right off the jet pump, and seen significant water flow from the nipple with the engine idling? You may want to try this with a spare piece of hose draped over the side. No sense in filling the bilge with water.

Resident Guru

With the garden hose connected you are pushing water flow backwards. The pisser will flow very well. In the water the pisser will barely spew out unless you are giving it throttle. If you are running at speed is hard to see with wind blowing it. When my wear ring got a little too much clearance the pisser would just blow steam out.

Frequent Poster

Sea Doo timebomb, with a worn wear ring did your ski run hot? I might pull the pump off my RX and see if that does anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information